2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to head up to Edmonton for a while to work, so I decided to look up an outfitter to shoot some birds.After $138 in liscense I Met up with Boyd King of Kings West outfitters www.kingswestoutfitters.com I spent Saturday night in their awesome lodge and was up at 4 the next morning ready to go. We traveled about 30 mins to a cut wheat field and set up the layouts and about 5 dozen full body decoys. Since the guides cant shoot in Canada I had 5 good size Canadas in about an hour and we decided not to shoot my other 3 in hopes a super big one would show in the evening hunt, so we headed in and had a true Canadian breakfast. We headed back out to a different field in the afternoon and immediately were surrounded by Mallards!!! Actually had ducks land on the pea field and walk around in our decoys!!! After being in total shock from all the birds, I was able to shoot 6 mallards and 2 pintails to fill my 8 duck limit. The geese never showed in the afternoon, but regardless I was thrilled with the success!!!

Attachments

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
''True Canandian Breakfast''

You mean the bacon was round..LOL Looks like you had a blast..3-4 of your good buds with you and it would be off the hook..Walker

·
The Migration Stops Here
2,342 Posts
Sounds like it was a good time Saltaholic, looks like work ended up being play. Wish we could shoot 8 ducks here in Texas!!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think a visit to Canada without shooting some birds would be depressing:)
Mojo281 said:
Sounds like it was a good time Saltaholic, looks like work ended up being play. Wish we could shoot 8 ducks here in Texas!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts