2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend, both my sisters and mom went on a 12 hour trip on the Big E yesterday. My chica got a nice amber jack and when they cleaned the fish they sent home the amber jack rib cage. I remembered reading a previous thread about grouper ribs, is it common to eat amber jack ribs the same way or should I use them for crab bait? :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have had them lots of times, usually fried. Just cut them apart and fry them. Eat em like a drumstick, very good.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
that's funny, i just got off capt. john tonight and had a AJ cleaned. Same thing; They put the ribs in there too. I am going to grill them tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
As a follow up, I grilled the AJ ribs after marinating in some off the shelf sauce and they were great.

·
Registered
497 Posts
you can fillet the rib meat off the cage a little, then pull each rib off one by one and it leaves a nice chunk of meat.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Big snapper ribs are good too! Just think how much better for you than pork ribs they are. Personally, I am an indiscrimanent omnivore so I probably eat the ribs of most mammals, reptiles, and fish.

Bon Apetite,

AGF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts