2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Aunt Joyce...Hope this finds you in good spirits.I remember reading a post from you,promising to entertain us ol' catfishin' boys with your reminiscings(sp.)of 1930's fishing trips with your father.When you find the time or the inclination,we very much look forward to it!-Bill(NightTrain)

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Hey NightTrain, you got it!

I have to clear the deck a bit though.
Those were my fishing highlights. I think it was 1934 or 1935 and I was 5 or 6 yrs. old..
It was my Uncle Oscar who took me. And there are several stories. I just don't want to bore people to death.

This is one of my pictures from 1938. I'm with my nephew Allen in my front yard..

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure I can speak for rest of the "Lounge Crew"...We'd love to hear 'em all...if'n ya got pics,all the better!!!I loved nothing better,as a young man,than sittin' around listening to the older men in my family recant fishing tales from days gone by.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aunt Joyce,
I hope you are well and that Eric's break will heal quickly.When you get time,I think that there are a few people that await your childhood catfishing stories with much anticipation.Thanks for the pictures again....and know that we wish you and Eric better days ahead!:smile:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I promise......it will be soon

It just seems that everything's at sixes and sevens right now. I'm sure by weeked, with Eric's surgery behind him, I will feel a lot better and uplifted.
I have been trying to decide whether to post the stories here or at The Catfish Lounge. I suspect I'll select your Lounge because it's more appropriate and where it really belongs.
So here's another earlier photo of me with descriptive caption.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks,AJ....At your leasure,to be sure.You have a full plate.Just wanted to assure you of our interest...BTW,I'll bet the 14 yo boys were in hot pursuit!!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts