2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of my buds have been talking about trying a shoot for praire dogs.

For those of you that have been, what did you think?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Pretty poor eating.

Haven't gunned stuff just to watch it die for a long time.

·
60% Of The Time Its Works Everytime
541 Posts
Its a blast!!!!!!!! i been to south dakota and new mexico shooting them. Farmers there want you to shoot them cause they are a pest. Cows will step in their holes and it can break their legs. We use 22 br's and .223.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I've done it. Bring lots of ammo! If your in a good town or towns you will burn it up at an alarming rate. We had a group of 5 on a town in Montana this past spring that shot close to 3 thousnad rounds of ammo in 4 days. Best part was we didn't move move than 3-400 yards the whole week. Man there was a bunch of dogs in that town! You should also plan on bringing at least 3 rifles. I start out with a .17 HMR working on everything up close out to a couple hundred yards. When that slows you can go to a 22-250 or something like that for dogs out to 4-500 yards. Then if you really want to see how far bullet drops bring your favorite deer cartridge and start shooting at everything past 500 yards. You won't hit many but you will come away a better shot! If you decide to go on a shoot let me know I can arrange one for you in Montana.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
It is alot of fun. And a great thing to do with friends, lots of **** talking and bets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts