2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How old do you guys think this 8 point is? I have a guess but a couple of other guys think differently. I haven't seen him in person yet but he is hanging around one of my blinds pretty frequently.

·
Equine connoisseur
2,259 Posts
It doesn't matter, if he is a trophy to you, take him.
It does matter if they have a good management program.

I want to say that he's mature (5.5+) with the way his head is shaped, however he doesn't have the pot belly. He's a nice 8 for sure.

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,660 Posts

I want to say that he's mature (5.5+) with the way his head is shaped, however he doesn't have the pot belly. He's a nice 8 for sure.
With Pablo on this one - shape of head and nose and the change of color on his neck with his head turned - rolling skin. 5.5 or older.

Very nice 8 point.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks fellas! I put him at 4.5 and a couple of other guys said they thought he was over 5... pretty much the same answers here :) With the wet summer we had, I don't give him much of a chance to do anything but gain some mass if he makes it thru this season. We have to many other bucks to get rid of for him to make the hit list.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Not really.

He is at least a 4.5 year old 8pt. More likely 5.5-6.5 year old 8pt. He is a cull anyway you look at it.

Nice deer, but not something a management program would leave in the herd.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Not really.

He is at least a 4.5 year old 8pt. More likely 5.5-6.5 year old 8pt. He is a cull anyway you look at it.

Nice deer, but not something a management program would leave in the herd.
We aren't under high fence and do the best we can with managing what we and our neighboring ranches who don't feed protein have. We manage to grow some pretty good hill country deer in the process. You have no business questioning how we do it or what we should cull IMO. Thanks for answering my initial question anyhow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts