2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this post correctly because this is my 1st post to try and attach a picture.
Sorry that the image is not very good, it was taken from my game cam about 9:00 at night. I'm hunting in East TX and this is a pretty good deer for our place. I would kinda like an estimated score but I'm more interested in an age. The buck is a 9pt. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,173 Posts
Im gonna guess and say 6. Good sized deer IMO.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
I hunted there for years, the biologist for TPW said the avg age of deer taken in Trinity co. was 3 1/2, so maybe give him 4 1/2.

if it's anything like our old place , shoot him, you prob will only get 1 chance

they go almost 100% nocturnal after 2 years old or so.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that this deer is mature, I just wasnt sure if he was in the 3.5-4.5 range or in the 5+ year range. He has a really big body with a full neck and large front end. I missed a buck yesterday evening AT DARK, could only see him good through my binoculars and scope but not with the naked eye. He came out and walked directly away from me towards some does that were feeding, he got out to about 120yards and turned completely around facing and never turned broadside, I shot for the neck and missed. I dont think it was this buck from the cam picture, the deer I missed I actually think was wider and had a bigger rack.

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
Post Mature

at least 6.5. ground check him. Wrinkle above the shoulder is a sure 6+ animal. Neck dissapears into the lower brisket. he's past ready.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so I know this is a mature buck and at his prime. Any guesses on score??? I was thinking low 130's but a few people are saying high 140's, maybe low 150's. If he scores that high I'm about to get REAL SERIOUS about hunting him. HAHA

·
Native Texan
10,973 Posts
I think 130 tops for his score. Old deer. Good luck, better hunt him hard while he is chasing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts