2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Me and a buddy lease 100 acres just North of Dripping Springs (jsut outside of Asutin).

·
Tight Lines
1,229 Posts
I hunt in Lampasas. Just asking because the terrain looked similar and that a nice deer for the area. That's a nice deer and it seems to be going to your feeder quite frequently. I'd get on him now or your neighbor might end up with him on opening morning of gun season.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is there two to three times a day. Hopefully somone did not stck him this morning. I watched this guy last year on a couple of accasions and he is a big deer (body wise). I'm going to be out there tomorrow afternoon. I just had a couple hours during mid-day to run out and make sure my feeder was still throwing and grab the memory card.

Where do you hunt in Lampasas? I've got a lot of family that own land up there.

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
I would agree 120"s , 3.5-4.5 .

Great looking buck , love those kickers...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Reason I said 130s is b/c his main beams are long and heavy and his G2s and G3s are LONG. Would be interested in a follow up on the real score if you get to ground check him.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I get that opportunity, I will send an update. I have his left drop from last year and I measured it and took estimates from about what he might be and I think last year his net should have been somewhere in between 125 and 130.

Here are a couple of pics from him last year. He was broke off just in front of his right G2.

Attachments

·
Tight Lines
1,229 Posts
I hunt northeast of town about 15 mins out. We started managing a few years ago and shooting a lot of 8 pts, spikes, and does. We've been seeing a lot of 10 pts and some young ones too so I know the shooting 8 pts thing works. Here's our management 8 pts from last year.

Attachments

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
Boy is it me or did this guy really fill out this past year? That is a great part of the country up where you are hunting , sounds like y'all got a good thing going.
That is also a good example of how management works and you can still take some bruiser bucks in the process.

Again , for a free ranging / small acreage buck he would be trophy in my book & "with a bow" no doubt!!!

Thanks and keep us posted ..

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Buck

Great buck, especially for that area on a small place. Be sure to get him scored for the Texas Big Game awards, he only needs 130 in your area.
Congrats
BB

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Very nice buck, but I cannot accept your score. How did you measure that rack? No way that mainframe 8 gets anywhere close to 150 (147). My buddy shot a heavy 13pt with a 23" inside spread and long tines earlier this year that scored 159.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts