2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fixin' to head out to Galveston for our 21st anniversary, have the room rented, the oldest is in from college to baby sit, bottle of Mum's champagne, strawberries and chocolate dip for later.
The question is do you think she would object to my throwin' the big rods in the truck just in case!! LOL
Y'all have a great weekend, I know we will!!
Rick

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
The answer is obvious, YES

Honey moon we caught sailfish and marlin.
10th anniversary we went to the CCA banquet in POC.
Hung with great people and fished for 3 days.

Sounds like you're packing the vehicle properly. Good luck.

It's up to the lady. Inc.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
-

Packing it correct only if she's a fisherman. If not, you're asking for big trouble.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
My wife would be POed if I brought fishing gear with me. She would not say anything but she would certainly retain that in memory for a time to come.... That is why I did not fish in Costa Rica this past summer. It was time for me and her to spend together.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It may be your anniversary also, however, (38 years of experience says) I am with those that suggest ONLY if she likes to fish and makes the suggestion to take the gear. Good move with the Champaign, strawberries and dipping (mine prefers chocolate dipped strawberries to roses). So enjoy and “believe” me she will probably notice you passed on the fishing and THAT will earn you points for the future….and believe me we need all the points we can accumulated.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
This is 2 funny! 21 years and you don't know if she'll MIND if you bring the fishing gear???

If you ain't turned her into a fisherwoman by now, I'm sure you know the answer to that question.

Now, if it was me, I'd be asking if I'm getting a new Billystix, or a new kayak for a present!!!! LOL

If in doubt, play it safe, and leave the gear at home. There's always next weekend (for you) but we're going to be on High Island before dawn waiting and stalking those bull reds!

Enjoy! and Happy Anniversary!

Pam ;)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
send the woman a dozen roses from the coast and take the strawberries and dipping chocolate with you for a snack while your waiting on the big one to bite. please take this advice from one who has bagged his limit in texas and now has to fly to vegas to get married.....rick

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Golfer you just Like the Drive through wedding Idea!!!

It's whats close to your heart!!!!

Drive through !!! lol..

" You Want Fries with that!!!!!"

John

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
rlw;
She's been around for 20+ yrs...I agree with only bring them IF she suggest it...
and I'm bettin She Hasn't....It just ain't worth the possibility that she won't like
it...You will NEVER hear the end of it...
Just my two cents...
Jackie

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,045 Posts
How long can she really stay mad? I'm sure it won't take but a week or two for her to get over it and with you working during the week and fishing or hunting next weekend, you'll hardly even notice she's upset. I say go for it, she'll get over it eventually!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O.K. I made it thru without the rods, although she caught me looking at the surf longingly several times. She even said,"I wouldn't mind if you go fishing" , which I equated with "you don't have to get me anything" YEAH RITE!!
Anyway It was a very nice weekend thanks for the input. I had a pretty good idea which way to go, just wanted to see what y'all would say.
Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.