2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Tiburon. I’m having a hard time finding reviews for this model. Any of y’all have any experience/knowledge with this model or know anyone that has had one? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Search this site, there are several threads to look through, you won't find much elsewhere. I recall an accident in one happening a few years or more ago because of perceived design flaw.
I looked at them but ended up with a Shoalwater 23 Cat because there wasn't alot of info other than opinions at the time I was looking to buy and they cost more than I could spend.

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
879 Posts
Tiburon is out of business. They ride pretty rough but get shallow. As I recall, handling is not good at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I’ve only seen one on the water but never ridden in one. They’re fancy and as I understand it they can go super shallow and in the right hands are super capable. The one I saw was being operated by a guy who had no idea what he was doing, but obviously had the money to buy what I think was the same model you’re thinking of. It also had an 300 HP ETEC G2 on the back that I was very jealous of, and which I also suspected was not going to be used right by the owner. I think it’s possible Tiburon appealed to people with more money than fishing/boating experience, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the advice!
Is there a particular reason you are looking at Tiburon? A wealth of knowledge on this site that could provide comparable boats that would give you what you're looking for in a boat. I believe that Gulf Coast Marine has a couple in stock, I know the one in Corpus does. It also seems they get new ones occasionally so not sure but they may have bought the molds and continue to put them out there.

·
Waiting on duck season...
2,272 Posts
Know a guide who ran one. He loved the performance but not the customer service or the construction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked hard at the Tiburon before I bought the Reaper. If all I did was fish shallow water I would have probably bought it. Shallow water performance and build quality were excellent. They went out of business but were bought out and now produced by Aquasport. If you are looking used I would stick with a 2018 or newer. I think that is when they moved production to a facility in Tennessee and quality was really good. They tried a few other places first and were never happy with the quality of the build. The rough water performance was pretty dismal. Very rough and very wet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a particular reason you are looking at Tiburon? A wealth of knowledge on this site that could provide comparable boats that would give you what you're looking for in a boat. I believe that Gulf Coast Marine has a couple in stock, I know the one in Corpus does. It also seems they get new ones occasionally so not sure but they may have bought the molds and continue to put them out there.
We found a 2018 for sale and just had never heard of them.

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,772 Posts
They run shallow. Another boat in the same class is the New Water Ibis; Majek illusion is in same class... Shallow Sport Classic is also similar territory... do know that each of these boats has their particulars... same with above notes on if a particular driver had no clue to what they were doing.. I don't think I've heard an horror stories that were because of the boat itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts