2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rolling Offset Flat Turn on 3... Break
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the boat is not selling and spring is just around the corner, so it looks like I might be keeping the Shoalwater Legend. I want to add some dry storage to it and got this cooler from a friend of mine. Is it feasable to mount it in any of these three places? I would like more storage because my brother and I bass fish a lot.

Attachments

·
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I even posted pics

When you guys get through hashing out 17 page threads over who's penis is bigger, would help a brotha out.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Everyone knows mine's bigger. :cool:

My choice is pic number 2. It's too much in the way in both the back locations. Fill it with beer and it'll be even more perfecter. :spineyes:

·
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
better hurry

BTW, I still want your boat. Just can't convince mama.
I'm putting in the water in March and after that I'm not sure I'll be selling. I was wanting to know about wieght distribution and stuff with this ice-chest, it's going to house the life-vest and stuff

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, the boat is not selling and spring is just around the corner, so it looks like I might be keeping the Shoalwater Legend. I want to add some dry storage to it and got this cooler from a friend of mine. Is it feasable to mount it in any of these three places? I would like more storage because my brother and I bass fish a lot.
I like pic 2 if there is enough room for someones feet if sitting on the cushioned cooler. If not I would go with pick 3.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here are a couple of ideas. I would take it out on a couple of fishing trips first with the cooler loose and play with both of the locations to see which one you like the best. Either one of them will work out well. My boat is set up like your 3rd picture. One other idea I had would be picture #1. You could do modified aluminum cooler holders on each side in the very back of the boat that could also double as a elevated fishing platform for those fishing off the back of the boat. You'll go through more coolers due to standing on them but its a good way to get you elevated while also doubling as storage. Good luck and you'll have to keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I like picture 3. tucked behind the leaning post in an area that doesn't get used. doesn't look like you have enough leg room for people sitting up front in picture 2. Picture 1 would be good but I would get a heavy duty cooler if you wanted to use it as a fishing platform.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I like #3. More room on either side of the cooler to get around and also out of the way of the front seat. When your dead tired and need a break, you're only an arms length away from the beer as long as you keep it in the cooler box under the leaning post.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I'll vote for the first picture,

but will add, maybe two smaller boxes in lieu of one, one on each side and against the elevated storage located immediately in front of the motor. As long as the weight of the items put in those boxes is not two great, them being in the rear should not make any difference in the performance of the boat. Also, you might consider using the inflatable vests to save space, thus getting them in one box and having the other left over for other items. The box behind the leaning post will displace a standing spot for those trying to find a safe place to stand when the chop is a little heavier than normal, and be in the way of those trying to move from one side to the other in the rear of the boat without climbing over the elevated storage. I have a similar hull and invariably, if there are two or more people drift-fishing, one or more are in the rear most of the time (and it's generally me!). Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Picture three

I have a set up like picture three when I have to take a bunch of stuff or coolers on a trip and they are just bungie corded to the leaning post and it works well. Plus you can stand on it and fish if you want to.

JC

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like picture 3. tucked behind the leaning post in an area that doesn't get used. doesn't look like you have enough leg room for people sitting up front in picture 2. Picture 1 would be good but I would get a heavy duty cooler if you wanted to use it as a fishing platform.
Ditto, if just storing light stuff like life jackets.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I like picture 3. You could stand on it and get some more elevation or use it as a foot rest when you fish while sitting on the leaning post. I don't have that much room behind my leaning post so I never can walk there in my boat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts