2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever fish addicts reseviour. Is there any fish there......

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Where, the creek that runs through it? Other than that all those ponds off of Eldridge get flooded out of thier banks many times a year, fish all gone bye bye.lol. We always laugh at the people fishing there. don't know of any other places that don't flood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea, I go to that Dog Park in the reservior quite a bit and stop in on the people fishing from time to time, never seems like anyone has any luck though. Those ponds were once stocked but with all the flooding in the area (years prior - not just current) I don't think there are any fish.

·
All play, no work!!!
122 Posts
Yeah there use to be good fishing in those ponds back in there off of I-10 & Hwy 6. I just haven't been out there in a couple of years, but I bet I still can pull in the big ones. I use to catch "Big" slab crappie and some 4lb-5lb bass out of there. I think there are still fish in there cause I would fish in there a couple months after a big flood and would catch fish. I just stop fishing over there because there was not any where to buy minnows since the bait shop off of South Main closed. There are all types of fish in there from drum, carp and also catfish.

Catfishing is good after a big rain at the dam when the running is water or further down the creeks in the deep holes. Right below the dam there is a pillar that goes across and the catfish sit right there and eat!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts