2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 cans diced Rotels with part of the juice drained to make it thicker...big block of Velveeta...and cauliflower!

I can't quit eating this stuff...I even put it in Tupperware containers to take in the truck with me for those long red lights! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would eat it!

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
my grandama(rip) use to make a cheese dip w/rotel, in a old double boiler that i have now , for christmas an new years that we dipped with chips and was awesome! might have to break it out new years eve!

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
2 cans diced Rotels with part of the juice drained to make it thicker...big block of Velveeta...and cauliflower!

I can't quit eating this stuff...I even put it in Tupperware containers to take in the truck with me for those long red lights! :D
**** good idea!! haven't made Rotel dip in a long time .. just sent the wife to the store to get rotel & velveeta .... never tried it with cauliflower, but told her to pick up some of that too.

Thanks for the inspiration.. green your way:biggrin:

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Never tried it with cauliflower. We usually get a pound roll of Jimmy Dean sausage (or something similar) to cook up, then drop it in with the Velveeta and Rotel. Served hot with your favorite chips. Can't beat it!

Have also done it with ground venison. MMMMMMMM GOOOODDDDDD!

·
11,766 Posts
Try it with Herdez instead of Rotel one time. I think the Herdez is more flavorful. Either way, good stuff.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Days gone by...

my grandama(rip) use to make a cheese dip w/rotel, in a old double boiler that i have now , for christmas an new years that we dipped with chips and was awesome! might have to break it out new years eve!
I bet some of the youngsters have never seen or used a double boiler. Microwave is now used to melt cheese and chocolate, without taking it out of the jar (cheese) or box (dipping chocolate).

My son asked me about poached eggs the other day and I had to dig deep in the back of the cabinet to dig for that gear.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
dont that stuff get hard to eat when the cheese gets cold?
You can actually blend a can of Rotel (not drained) and 8 oz. Velveeta and it will not get hard when cold if you blend it until thin. You can warm small amounts at a time instead of keeping a big batch warm.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Ole' Harbor's got a secret behind his seat for making 'lectricity out of nowhere ;)

I don't quite understand about poached eggs, since we have them all the time. All it takes is a pan of boiling water and some timing. It's actually one of the healthiest ways to have eggs, short of soft or hard boiled. Bring the water to a boil, crack open an egg and drop it in, and turn off the heat. Done right, the egg comes to the surface and you pull it out with a slotted spoon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts