2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
It wont effect you much at all. You are just a Chase customer now. I never liked WaMu due to those stupid commercials with all the old white dudes. They had there target audience and look where it got em, BROKE! As for Bill Heard, I went there to buy a truck one time and got the run around big time. Then they would not give me my keys back after looking at my trade in. It took me calling the cops to get my keys back THEN they would not tell me where they parked my truck so I had to go hunt it. I am glad to see them bite the dust the crooked bastages.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
could effect you IF you work for WMAU in Houston, they will be closing some doors

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I am glad to see Bill Heard go down. They are taken advantage of many, me being one of them. I am still paying for a deal from 2003!

All my moeny is in WAMU hands including my mortgage. I wonder what is going to happen.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
BATWING said:
I am glad to see Bill Heard go down. They are taken advantage of many, me being one of them. I am still paying for a deal from 2003!

All my moeny is in WAMU hands including my mortgage. I wonder what is going to happen.
Nothing is going to happen. You are just a Chase customer now.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
good. I did not like WAMu anyway. The last time I went in to deposit a check most of the emplyees could barly speak english and looked at 18yrs old.

·
Fishmoore & Doolittle, Retirement Clubs
2,741 Posts
BATWING said:
good. I did not like WAMu anyway. The last time I went in to deposit a check most of the emplyees could barly speak english and looked at 18yrs old.
You should feel right at home at Chase then. The 2 Chase branches near me are the same way. You'll also enjoy waiting at least 5 minutes in the drive thru every time you visit. Even if you're the only one there. I dont think it's unique to Chase tho. All the banks have scaled down on head count.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I did like their ATM policy of not charging non WAMU card holders to get cash from their machines.

They said less than 10% of their combined branches (Chase/WAMU) will be affected by closures. Most likely ones that are in close proximity or with really bad balance sheets.

My mortgage was with them but got bought out a couple years ago by Wells Fargo.

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
Shameless admission of satisfaction...

I must say that while I lived in Seattle for the 18 wonderful years I was away from Texas (Sarcasm) I worked 12 of those years at WaMu. Resigned June 1 2007 and cashed out all stock, retirement, and pension and closed all my WaMu bank accounts. I knew this was coming before the current financial crisis. Too long of a story to tell here, let's just say there were strong signs of a failure as early as 2004.

My only gripe is that I now bank with Chase, so WaMu tracked me down!

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
BATWING said:
The same thing happed to me many years ago down in a Mexican border town :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
and the CEO got on a plane in DC thinking everything was okey-dokey -and by the time he got off the plane in Seattle the govt had taken his company and given it to JPM and never told him - bye-bye CEO - easy come, easy go

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
surftime said:
and the CEO got on a plane in DC thinking everything was okey-dokey -and by the time he got off the plane in Seattle the govt had taken his company and given it to JPM and never told him - bye-bye CEO - easy come, easy go
That CEO had been on the job for less than a month. He will get 16-20 MILLION in his severance package.

That's a fair deal don't ya think?

From FOX News:

But don't cry for Fishman, who reportedly was sky-high - literally - last night, on a flight from New York to Seattle, when WaMu collapsed. Even though he's only been on the job for less than three weeks, he's bailing out with parachute worth close to $20 million, according to an executive compensation analysis conducted for the New York Times by James F. Reda Associates

·
Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So Bill Heard/Land Mark which I am glad to see gone but feel for some of the folks that lost there jobs. And now WaMU gone, should we try to guess who will be next or what kind of bussiness will fold up doors!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts