2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TMZ reports that actress Brittany Murphy died Sunday morning after suffering full cardiac arrest.
An emergency call was made from the home of Murphy's husband Simon Monjack at 8am.
See a slideshow of stars gone too soon
The star, 32, was pronounced dead on arrival after being taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Update: a source tells TMZ that Murphy's mother discovered her unconscious in the shower. When paramedics arrived, they determined that the actress was in full cardiac arrest and administered CPR. They continued their CPR attempts during the ambulance trip to the hospital, but Murphy was unresponsive.

Murphy has appeared in such films as Clueless, 8 Mile and Sin City, and voiced the character of on King of the Hill.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/report-actress-brittany-murphy-dies/32960?nc

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I just read that. Very sad. Goes to show you never know when you could go. She was a fine actress. My condolences to her loved ones.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if drugs were the cause but still way to young to go.

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Man, now that is tragic. She was an ultra hottie in Clueless. RIP Brittany. -Hector

·
Smokin' a GULP!
911 Posts
She was looking to have a child with her husband in the next year. Unfortunately I think she may have done some damage to herself a few years back with drugs. : (

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
That's a shame. I enjoyed her films. Far too young.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
She was the voice of Luanne wasnt she? What a loss at such a young age. I know how it would be easy to blame drug use, but I wont jump to that conclusion. Ive seen a few full blown codes come into the ER involving younger people where there was no apparent drug use at all. A good friend of mine also lost his wife a couple years back. She was in her early 40s and had given birth two months prior to suffering a heart attack. Coroner said it was due to a clot from her pregnancy. theres lots of reasons other than drugs that can lead to a heart attack. Either way its a sad loss, and my condolences go out to her family, friends and fans.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
I am honestly sad over her death! I've always told my wife that Brittany Murphy was the only woman i'd ever leave her for. Her laugh always makes me smile...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also enjoyed her little laugh.... I just watched her movie Just Married when it came on USA last week... I was crackin up.... She was one of my favorites....

Sad sad sad

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
She was the voice of Luanne wasnt she? What a loss at such a young age. I know how it would be easy to blame drug use, but I wont jump to that conclusion. Ive seen a few full blown codes come into the ER involving younger people where there was no apparent drug use at all. A good friend of mine also lost his wife a couple years back. She was in her early 40s and had given birth two months prior to suffering a heart attack. Coroner said it was due to a clot from her pregnancy. theres lots of reasons other than drugs that can lead to a heart attack. Either way its a sad loss, and my condolences go out to her family, friends and fans.
I agree. I've seen it happen to young people my whole career. Congenital heart defects can go undiagnosed their whole life. I recenty lost a co-worker from a ruptured aneurysm @ 41 who I guarantte has never touched an illegal substance. It's sad people want to automatically assume drugs had to do something to do with sudden death. This assumed label makes it even tougher & sadder for friends & family dealing with their loss. RIP BM sad2sm

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
A girl I work with is 34 and had a heart attack last week. She might have an extra 10lbs on her but who doesn't. Bottom line, she appears healthy. Doctors say it could be related to a type of birth control pill. Anyone ever hear anything like that??

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
My wife thought her heart was gonna jump out of her chest when she started taking a new birth control pill. I wouldn't doubt that at all.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
A girl I work with is 34 and had a heart attack last week. She might have an extra 10lbs on her but who doesn't. Bottom line, she appears healthy. Doctors say it could be related to a type of birth control pill. Anyone ever hear anything like that??
Yes. Some birth control pills have been associated with blood clotting, leading to heart attack/stroke.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts