2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had today at noon. everything went tell just time for rehab but also while in surgey he notice some cartlide gamage that did not shw up on my mri. going to be on crutches for at least a month

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
The long term functionality and health of the repaired knee is directly correlated to the time and effort you dedicate to your rehab. I have dealt with many of these ACL repairs over the past 14 years and have seen athletes who did not rehab like they were told and they never really gained full range of motion and use of the knee. Conversely, I have seen athletes who have busted their butt while rehabbing and afterward their repaired knee was stronger than the non surgery knee.

Do not be afraid or apprehensive when visiting the PT for rehab, do what they say and you will be back up to speed in no time.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Good luck with your recovery, waderdude. You can come back from the surgery just fine. Just keep working on your physical therapy.

I had a rotator cuff surgery about 6 years ago. I put it off forever because I thought the doc would tell me to quit bowling. As soon as he said I would be back to 90% in three months, I said do it! And after three WEEKS, I was ready to bowl again.

The point is your healing has so much to do with your frame of mind. Hang in there and keep a good attitude. You'll do great.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i've had it done, i fracture'd my lateral part of my knee ( cant to anything to it just let it heal on its own)tore my meniscus and a lil bit of my acl, they took out some inflamtory scar tissue and some cartlidge. Rehab is long and fustratin but worth it. i wear my knee brace workinout or if im doin anykind of sport. good luck man

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
WELL
I DID NOT HAVE QUITE WHAT YOU HAD BUT I DID HAVE A KNEE SCOPE DONE ON FRI AT 12:45 THE DOC TOLD ME TO MOW MY YARD ON MON sad3sm I THOUGHT TO MYSELF HE MUST BE NUTS , BUT COME MON I WAS OUT MOWINNNN THE DANG YARD, THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SO JUST LISTEN AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, I CAN WALK NORMAL NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN CLOSE TO A YEAR.
STIX

·
Registered
202 Posts
My Dr told me to mow the yard too, i thought he was crazy but he said the walkin would be good for it. I did alot of riding the stationary bike in rehab, aolt.

·
Team OMAB Prostaff
2,416 Posts
Ditto on the PT, do it all no matter how dumb it sounds. I blew out my ACL skiing in Tahoe, but did a good PT program after my repair, now my left knee feels better than my right. You'll be good to go soon after surgery, but it will take nearly a year to get your confidence back.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at least yal can walk. i would love to be mowin a yard right now. im just going to have to find a way where i can fish. and fish my *** of for the next year tell i can play ball again

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
From experience, do what the doc and PT's tell you. I had acl/mcl and meniscus surgery on my knee in 99. Heavy rehab for 6 months. Stay on your crutches for as long as he tells you. I'm sure he reset some of your cartilidge and it needs the time. Wear the brace like he tells you too. You will be very unstable for a while.

My daughter tore her acl the first soccer game of the school season a few years ago. After the surgery the doctor wouldn't let her run, but she could swim. I got her a membership to Bally's and she swam 3 times a week along with rehab. This kept her in great shape and when she was finally released(4 1/2 - 5 months), she played 90 minutes of a soccer game a day later. You get out of it what you put into it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Knee

Agree with what everyone says rehab, rehab & rehab. My son tore his ACL, MCL & meniscus. He is a baseball player and this happened in July and he was back on the field and playing in January. He has had some friends that had the surgery and did not rehab like they needed to and tore it again. Good luck it's a tough and long road to a full recovery. But you get out of it what you put in it. Where the brace and then for your last brace have a custom one made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts