2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in kayaking Moses Lake and was looking for recommendations for good access points. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Google maps helps, but its difficult to tell if some of the "good looking" access points are private property.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I've seen people launch from the Dike by the gate and paddle their way through the gate and into the lake. But watch out if the bay gets choppy when returning.

If you launched from the Fish Spot you would have to paddle out a long ways.

·
Banned
835 Posts
HSP506 said:
I've seen people launch from the Dike by the gate and paddle their way through the gate and into the lake. But watch out if the bay gets choppy when returning.

If you launched from the Fish Spot you would have to paddle out a long ways.
No, if you launch from the dike you will have a long ways.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last summer, I drove the storm levee and I think there was construction around the Flood gate. I wasn't sure if that was an access point or not, but it sounds like it may be. Corret?

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are building a whole neighborhood down there right by the flood gate on the moses side. It is Tresspassing anywhere over there where you used to be able to walk that whole shoreline on the moses side of the flood gate. One would think thrying to paddle a kayak through that flood gate with the water going the opposite direction of your travels could be GNARLY!! Lotta water moving through there.... Good redfish spot along that shoreline on the moses side...1/2 mile away from the gate. TOPWATERS in the summer heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts