2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have global warming, and a trade deficit with the Chinese, and an suspect president to worry about, but Academy done me wrong!!!

I went to the Academy on I-10 in Katy this afternoon to pick up some hooks. Got out of the truck, and took my big bag of money in to make the purchase...(don't let these raggedy clothes fool you, I gots lots of money).

Went to the aisle, and spent my time comparison shopping, and selected my pack of hooks. 25 hooks, for 2.49.

Got to Skippy the cashier, and he rings the hooks up...4.49. I sez "What's up with that? They was marked 2.49" He double checks, and calls the Asst. Mngr over. AM takes the pack of hooks, and walks back to the fishing stuff, comes back and says "That's right, 4.49"

I sez "There's a whole rack of them marked at 2.49" So I take the Amanager (I think his name is Bobo) back over to the rack, and show him the whole rack of the same hooks marked at 2.49.

Bobo sez: Well here (below) is a rack with the same hooks for 4.49. Those are just mis-placed, and they should be 4.49. The ones for 2.49 are only for the 10 hook pack.

So I sez "So can I get this pack for 2.49?" Bobo sez "No"

So I sez "Well, you can keep your stinkin hooks....", and I took my big bag of money and left.

I know it's only a couple bucks, and doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference to me, but you would think it was worth $2 to Academy to not irritate customers that usually spend a couple hundred bucks a year in their store......................

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
so, some other nitwit was in the store, picked up the pack of hooks and put them back on the wrong hook, and you expect them to just give you the $2 discount?

yeah, right.

If the 25 pack was mis-marked at $2.49, then you might have something to be upset about.

·
I'm Always In The Shadows...
1,598 Posts
Well if you had lots of money then 2 dollars more wouldnt have been that big of a deal...IMO...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, some other nitwit was in the store, picked up the pack of hooks and put them back on the wrong hook, and you expect them to just give you the $2 discount?

yeah, right.

If the 25 pack was mis-marked at $2.49, then you might have something to be upset about.
No, you misuderstood what I was trying to say......

It wasn't just 1 pack of hooks on the rack that some carless customer had misplaced. The whole rack was full of the hooks that they had apparently mis-stocked. So...there was a whole rack of them that was mis-marked, which Bobo choose not to do anything about.

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
I read all this crappp over two dollars? and hooks you were going to get for $0.18 a peice. come on man get over it.

·
The Camo'd Texan
520 Posts

yeah, right.

spec you didnt read his post did you....i clearly stats " There's a whole rack of them marked at 2.49" So I take the Amanager (I think his name is Bobo) back over to the rack, and show him the whole rack of the same hooks marked at 2.49."

i dealt with this stuff alot working at BPS(happen in the fishing department alot,with all the lures and such) , i can tell you probably 75% it was one of us working fault, and we would have to give the dicsount and then go fix the mistake....(must tags dont give a full description of the item just a basic name....so both tags probably said just the name and nothing else) and it sounds like an employee miss marked a whole rack to me (just my though)...and i dont think it was the $2,but the pure fact that the manager wouldnt admit a company mistake...

i seen people put down hundreds of dollars worth of stuff over $5 mistake we made and a manager would not admit it , ..not sayin it was either way on this one i just think $2 now and then is not worth losin hundreds or thousands of dollars that the person could spend later or on a current visit...:smile: seen plenty of people ,say thanks for being honest when we made a mistake and admitted it and decided to buy their stuff with us instead of down the road...and some just with some reason to complain..

i see both sides of this, would yall think he would have been treated different if the hooks ,were $50 and mismarked by $2 at $48 ?, or if he had a basket full of stuff?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spec you didnt read his post did you....i clearly stats " There's a whole rack of them marked at 2.49" So I take the Amanager (I think his name is Bobo) back over to the rack, and show him the whole rack of the same hooks marked at 2.49."

i dealt with this stuff alot working at BPS(happen in the fishing department alot,with all the lures and such) , i can tell you probably 75% it was one of us working fault, and we would have to give the dicsount and then go fix the mistake....(must tags dont give a full description of the item just a basic name....so both tags probably said just the name and nothing else) and it sounds like an employee miss marked a whole rack to me (just my though)...and i dont think it was the $2,but the pure fact that the manager wouldnt admit a company mistake...

i seen people put down hundreds of dollars worth of stuff over $5 mistake we made and a manager would not admit it , ..not sayin it was either way on this one i just think $2 now and then is not worth losin hundreds or thousands of dollars that the person could spend later or on a current visit...:smile:
Exactly.....thank you!!!

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
i dealt with this stuff alot working at BPS

i seen people put down hundreds of dollars worth of stuff over $5 mistake we made and a manager would not admit it , ..not sayin it was either way on this one i just think $2 now and then is not worth losin hundreds or thousands of dollars that the person could spend later or on a current visit...:smile:
Had to chuckle at this a bit. At BPS the $2 hooks would be closer to $8 ... just because you have the pleasure to buy at BassPro. When I do muster up the courage to make a purchase at BassPro I rarely make it to the cashier, cause I despise the fact I'm going to wait in line for 20 minutes as they have 30 registers .... and 2 people working them. I end up leaving my stuff on a shelf somewhere and walking out the door empty handed. (Generally, on my way to Academy.)

Don't even get me started on the gun counter. I'll take Academy over BPS and day of the week. Rarely been treated fairly at BPS, treated like a king at Academy. The boys at the gun counter know me by name.

I do agree with you on the fact that sometimes a good manager should let things go .... just because he wants you back as a customer.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Most of these guys don't understand the principle. Good customer service is a priority for me to continue to shop at a particular store. I feel ya bro. Not about the extra money, its principle.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
It's not a perfect world and everybody makes mistakes. It was just $2 dollars. No need to get you blood pressure up for that. On the flip side Academy is still cheaper than BPS or Gander. I bought a kayak from Academy that was $100 cheaper than the same one at Gander.
I went to Academy on Sunday to get that mettle reel and the graphite rod on sale just to find out the sale was over on Saturday. They still had some old sale signs up so I asked to speak to the manager to see if he would still honor the sale. He saw I was buying other things and gave me the sale price on both the rod and the reel! Pretty nice of him.

·
Emorys Daddy
1,376 Posts
This is the killer about quality that we studied over and over in college: it is subjective and what a customer wants and what a customer gets changes in every customer. Try to view it like a business owner, and the perception changes. Human error is everywhere, and should not be taken advantage of. Karma will get ya, you will lose that 2 bucks somewhere along the way.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts