2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the smallest reel ABU has with a bait clicker? Do they make the 5500's with one, or do you have to bump up to the 6500? Any suggestions on any other reels about that size w/a clicker? I'd buy the 6500, but the last one I had was backlash city for throwing lightweight tackle.

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
6000 is the smallest i can recall with clicker. been using them for 30 yrs.

i am often wrong tho :spineyes: :smile:

·
Registered
137 Posts
flatsfats said:
6000 is the smallest i can recall with clicker. been using them for 30 yrs.

i am often wrong tho :spineyes: :smile:
I have a 6600C4 with a clicker. I can toss most jig heads without backlash, and I'm new to baitcasters, but I was chunking a DOA and a small mansfield mauler last night with lots of trouble. For plugs and jigs it is awesom, I'm going to have to go with my spinning rig for light baits.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have an old, like from the 60's old, red 5000 that has a clicker. Have several just like it that don't. Maybe its rare or something.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
Looks like the C3 6500 and C4 6600 are the smallest reels currently available with a bait clicker, according to their website. It seemed like that was the case, too, when I was looking for one over a year ago. I went with the C4 6500 and I love it. Perfect for bait chunking. I just have one word of advice, though. If you ever get mad, don't slam the butt end of the rod on the ground. Chances are it will break the weld that holds the front of the frame to the reel seat. And yes, I know this from experience. A little JB Weld did fix it, though.

http://www.abugarcia.com/prod.php?k=50127&sk=46555&p=PUR4600C3
http://www.abugarcia.com/prod.php?k=50127&sk=46555&p=PUR4600C3

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I know the 5600s have a clicker on them I've got a friend that has one

·
Registered
451 Posts
6000 is 5he smallest one with a clicker unless it is old. walmart has a combo on a berkley Lightning rod for $69.00 that is a GOOD deal.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a big difference with the C4 compared to the C3. I had a 6500C3 that was a great reel, but backlashing became almost expected with light tackle or a slight head wind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts