2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the advice of that thread a few weeks ago about the Topwater Grill in San Leon. Went and tried out the place. Enjoyed the place.
While we were in San Leon we did a small drive around and spotted another restaurant called Wreckers. Looks like a nice enough place.
Any of you folks have any comments on the place?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
yep

Wreckers is good, too, but it's nothing like Topwater Grill. It's more gourmet b/c they have a certified chef that's doing the cooking. You get more pretty food, and pay more for it, but it's pretty good. I got the pork chop and it was fantastic. Their dishes are very original. You won't find anything that's plain vanilla on the menu. Go try it just to see if you like it. Personally, I prefer Topwater just b/c I like more plain dishes and don't like paying extra for "pretty" food.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't tried it, but my Dad was there last weekend and said it was pretty good. He's a big fan of Topwater too. If it's like nasakid describes I'd probably prefer to stick with Topwater, but I'm sure I'll check it out one of these days.

·
Dickinson
2,456 Posts
seafood hooters?

I understand that Wreckers is owned by the same company that runs Heartbreakers the "gentleman's club" on I45 in Dickinson. Doesn't mean their food's better, but perhaps their waitresses are prettier?

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
1,903 Posts
I have been to Wreckers and the food was very good. A little pricey but worth it. As nasakid sayed it is more of a gourmet style. I had the coconut shrimp and got a good portion and it was very good. Another couple with us got the grilled Snapper and said it was excellent. They also had a blues band playing down stairs while we were there. And yes it is owned by the same company that owns Heartbreakers and yes some of the waitresses are not bad at all. I like Topwater also so it's just a matter of what you want.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
atmosphere

I forgot to mention this yesterday... Wreckers atmosphere is almost exactly the same at Topwater, just not as big an outdoor area. Shorts and Hawaiian shirts are the most common attire there. Very casual. I really do recommend that pork chop! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.