2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Aetna DMO dental that starts Jan 1st. In the past I had a PPO so I was able to go to any dentist in my network. Well now with this DMO. It seems like it will be a clinic type ie Castle Dental, Monarch Dental, ETC ETC.... so basically. I was hoping for a recommondation on a dentist and location. I live in Seabrook/Laporte area. I do not mind driving. My 4yr old needs 3 cavities filled and the current Dentist has no openings until early next year. There is one Dentist in Deer Park a Rudy Ramirez. But he will not take anyone under the age of 5. He is the only dentist I found that takes DMO insurance without being associated with a "clinic" I really do not care for "clinic" type Dentist but I guess it is better than no insurance. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I would not go to a dentist affiliated with a "clinic". The fees may look less expensive on the surface but a "clinic/DMO" must make money. They do that by cutting costs. Think about what might be sacrificed in order for that to happen. Bottom line is "you get what you pay for". Next year sign up for the PPO and get a referral from someone you trust. It may look like more money but quality lasts.

PS: Sorry, I don't know anyone in that area

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. This is exactly why I did not want this plan. Unfortunatly we were purchased by a different company and we now get thier insurance plans. With 2 small children. The PPO plan they offered would only pay 50% at best. It was not a very good option for me. So I had to take the DMO plan. I am not happy about it. But it seemed like the most logical for me to take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts