2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shallow Sport Skimmer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the abnormal high tide with minimal tide movement, that we have been experiecing the past week affects the fishing? Does it make things better or worst? I've had a hard time locating fish...??????

Thanks
2Coolerz

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
High Tide!

This high tide has been putting most of the fish real tight to the shoreline on the closest structure to the shore. I think it is just like ducks when the marsh gets alot of rain the birds have ample places to sit therefore the birds get scattered and locating ducks in huge bunches is hard. They still can be found schooled up but like I said they will be right on the bank and even right on the edge of the grass and grass points where you normally catch your redfish. I would focus on those shell mud banks that are normally out of the water or really shallow on normal tides with an abundance of bait nearby and wait for the tide to start falling. If you get out there and find your bay is flooded with big bull tides wait till that magical hard falling tide occurs and stay focused you should find a few solid fish right on the bank. The flooded marshes would be a good place to try, any where that would give the predators an easy shot at pinning bait in a small otherwise dry or shallow area should be money. But what do I know I'm not a fish lol!!!

P.S. If you want to start catching a few more fish start studying what mullets habits are not the predators!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts