2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you spell relief? Well, I don't know about you but I spell it: Heavy rain and a 25 deg temp drop in as many minutes.

This system must really be haulin' ash cause it's already quit raining. Still it has cooled things down enough so that the old a/c can catch a breath.

I feel like gettin' nekkit and rolling around in the grass. But I'm givin' my neighbors a break and resisting the urge. :D

I hope that if you are getting some of this action that you enjoy it!

Reactions: portalto

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Hey WJ,

If you do share the pics for all the younger crowd ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ya know first impressions and welllllllll,,,,, shrinkage lolj/k

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Man we got about 3 mins worth of rain an 5 mins of 40 mph wind! My big 12' yard umbrella & my screen gazebo both got trashed! Just saw several trees down around Kingwood/Atascosita on the news.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Brew said:
Man we got about 3 mins worth of rain an 5 mins of 40 mph wind! My big 12' yard umbrella & my screen gazebo both got trashed! Just saw several trees down around Kingwood/Atascosita on the news.
Ain't that where Shadman is?????

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Hope everyone's homes are ok.

I feel like gettin' nekkit and rolling around in the grass. But I'm givin' my neighbors a break and resisting the urge. :D

Jack, thanks for also giving 2cool a break! The jungle would have been hoppin' with everyone trying to see the photos!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
Bobby said:
Ain't that where Shadman is?????
Yeah Bobby he's up this way.
The news just showed a house that was split in half by a tree and several crushed cars. 1960 is a mess out towards the lake with several trees in the road.
At least we didn't get the hail we were told was coming! The sun is trying to peek through but we're still getting a bit of thunder & lightening.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
Yall send some of that down this way.....the poor Ol Guadalupe is drying up not to mention everything else...we are fixing to be on water restrictions again which means kiss your yard goodbye

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Brew said:
Yeah Bobby he's up this way.
The news just showed a house that was split in half by a tree and several crushed cars. 1960 is a mess out towards the lake with several trees in the road.
At least we didn't get the hail we were told was coming! The sun is trying to peek through but we're still getting a bit of thunder & lightening.
I forgot you were up there too. Hope everything is ok at your place. Shad let us know if everything is ok at you casa.

We never even got a drop of rain.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brew said:
Today is the first day I've been glad I had that big old pine tree taken out. I'd pro'lly be up on the roof tackin' down sheet plastic right now, and nailin' plywood over the bay window in my dining room!

We ain't even gonna TALK about shrinkage!!

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Well, we saw and heard it to the North, Jack ... but didn't reach this far. Hope everyone in the Humble area faired OK. As to the nekkid rollin' in the grass part ... yeah, let's not go there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
got caught driving in it from work in the League City area...horizontal winds hail and rain..got hit by a plastic construction barrel and flying cardboard...cracked the car windows to keep from blow out...couldn't see squat...alot of fences trash and even trampolins on roofs around here..shingles and vent pipes and satellite dishes all askew too..boy it was rough!!!

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Walkin' Jack said:
How do you spell relief? Well, I don't know about you but I spell it: Heavy rain and a 25 deg temp drop in as many minutes.

This system must really be haulin' ash cause it's already quit raining. Still it has cooled things down enough so that the old a/c can catch a breath.

I hope that if you are getting some of this action that you enjoy it!
Yeah right! And we're catching 2 pound crappie in our ditch on cooked rice!

Pics man! Pics! :biggrin:

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NurseD-bait said:
got caught driving in it from work in the League City area...horizontal winds hail and rain..got hit by a plastic construction barrel and flying cardboard...cracked the car windows to keep from blow out...couldn't see squat...alot of fences trash and even trampolins on roofs around here..shingles and vent pipes and satellite dishes all askew too..boy it was rough!!!
Learned a new word today. "Micro-blast". It is a weather phenomenon where the cold air falls through the fast air so fast that it creates an extrodinarily powerful wind.

On I-45 in League City one of these Micro-blasts turned an 18-wheeler over on to a car. You may just have been caught up in that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts