2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our fathers, brothers, sisters were shipping out to face the Nazis and the Japs to protect our homes. And here at home we were doing everything we could to support them. Men in the factories enlisted and women took their place at the machinery.

But some decisions were made in the US that hurt innocent people. That's the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of any war!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Last photo is disturbing

Looks like **** concentration camps. At least we weren't practicing genocide. And in our defense, it never would have happened except for what the Germans and Japanese did. We didn't start it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Which history?

Snagged said:
Yells at dog,
Read your history.
My history books say that the German invasion of Poland started World War II, and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor started the US war against Japan.

Did I miss something?

·
Crabby Old Man
17,406 Posts
YellsAtDog said:
My history books say that the German invasion of Poland started World War II, and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor started the US war against Japan.

Did I miss something?
Yes, you did. Please study what was being done to Japan prior to the attack. You'll have to do some digging as it is/was not taught in the primary schools.
I will go no further in this discussion as it turns into a politicial/economic thread.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Let me guess. The U.S.A. was making products, faster, cheaper and of better quality than Japan and they got ****** off????

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please family that I love so much......

Please don't let the research and work I'm doing with WWII become a jumping off place to turn "Aunt Joyce's Place" into "The Other Board II".

Let me explain. When I was a very little girl and travelled everywhere with my Mom....I overhead someone say to Mom quietely "Jessie, you're a real peacemaker". (I later learned that several of the women in the Genetaska Club were bickering about something that Mom had settled peacefully).

When Dad came home I asked him what a "peacemaker" was. He told me that it was Jesus who talked about peacemakers. I heard beautiful things about Jesus in Sunday School Kindergarten but I wasn't reading scriptures yet.

As I grew up I could see for myself how Mom was dedicated to keeping peace in the home, when she met with other women at our house and whenever I got into a scrap with one of my girlfriends.

From that time on I wanted to be a peacemaker, just like Mom.

For me, when I inadvertanly post something that sets people off to scrapping, I hurt really bad inside.

So, please, don't do this. Thank you.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

·
Crabby Old Man
17,406 Posts
Aunt Joyce said:
Please don't let the research and work I'm doing with WWII become a jumping off place to turn "Aunt Joyce's Place" into "The Other Board II".

Let me explain. When I was a very little girl and travelled everywhere with my Mom....I overhead someone say to Mom quietely "Jessie, you're a real peacemaker". (I later learned that several of the women in the Genetaska Club were bickering about something that Mom had settled peacefully).

When Dad came home I asked him what a "peacemaker" was. He told me that it was Jesus who talked about peacemakers. I heard beautiful things about Jesus in Sunday School Kindergarten but I wasn't reading scriptures yet.

As I grew up I could see for myself how Mom was dedicated to keeping peace in the home, when she met with other women at our house and whenever I got into a scrap with one of my girlfriends.

From that time on I wanted to be a peacemaker, just like Mom.

For me, when I inadvertanly post something that sets people off to scrapping, I hurt really bad inside.

So, please, don't do this. Thank you.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
I am sorry AJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts