2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ChasinTail:went to the island .. where the hippie bus is .. found out the hard way that the High Fall tides flooded the flats .. we call the place 4 mile to start with .. Sure did feel like it today ... Put the waders on and started Trecking from the bus ..45 mins later we get to fishable water .. started fishin at 7:30 .. by 9 my buddy and I both had limits of solid Fat trout .. ranging from 17 to 23 .. released a few at 24 and a few more between 20 and 23 inches .. between the two of us we caught about 20 fish .. not bad for a Shoreline Jumper !! pink devil eyes worked slow were the lure of choice .. Fresh Fish in December aint bad at all!! After today's walk-a-thon .. I surely can't wait for my boat to be done with!! tight lines you all!!pics will be posted soon!! tight lines!

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Might get a kayak if the water is going to look like that. Over about 10 -15 mph and the wind direction it might be tough either way though you can attach a kayak to your belt and take it with you if wyou wanted to wade and not anchor up.

Do not kayak much anymore but it was nice to have to get to a cove or thru mud then anchor or just clip the kayak to your belt. If attached with the wind the a round weight to drag behind the boat to keep it behind you and not in front in the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts