2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of bucks from our north Texas lease. The whitetail is just odd looking enough to be cool. The mulie is a good deer for our area. Any guesses on age and scores?

Attachments

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
I can judge the score on the WT but he is one thick bodied dude! He would make a cool mount regardless of the score. Real nice mulie too.

·
Trap AF ...
4,992 Posts
Very nice deer ... I like that ole grizzly looking tine coming off the whitetail ... he looks mature and heavy.

I suspect the larger mulie would go, as stated, round 150 - 160 ... super deer, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RubenZamora said:
Poor guys, where do they find cover in that area lol. That looks farther out west. Where about are you.
North Texas on the Pitchfork Ranch. By the way there is plenty of cover for both whitetail and mulies. We even have a large turkey population.

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
I would love to hunt where you have the chance at both whitetail and mullies .
Can you give me a ballpark on the cost of leases in that area & how often do you find a good lease ? I would think most ranches are really big and you might find a pasture or something ?

Great picks ....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Tokavi, real nice mulies...I hope I can find one like that on our place...

·
Trap AF ...
4,992 Posts
vvflash04 said:
I would love to hunt where you have the chance at both whitetail and mullies .
Can you give me a ballpark on the cost of leases in that area & how often do you find a good lease ? I would think most ranches are really big and you might find a pasture or something ?

Great picks ....
Land in that area typically leases for 4 - 10 dollars an acre, so you'd be looking at 2000 - 4000 bucks for anything worth while that's not over hunted.

I'm actually looking to move that direction myself in the next couple of years. It's a fun hunt up there and very un-typical of Texas hunting.

Big deer, big pastures ... cotton land ... kind of like hunting parts of the Mid-West.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts