2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Thank You! Next
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes nothing ??? I do not post many reports or pics , because of past events on this site. Having said that, if you do not want to see any reds on a stringer DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER!! By 8 am this morning me and my number one Nephew, put together a show that was simply awesome. Topwater and tails were the ticket. We also caught 5 trout that would have, made any one smile.Top Dog (Woodpecker) , and LSU tails 1/4 oz heads. We caught 10-12 on tops and 10 more on tails , including 5 trout by 8 am this morning .. !! Folks the fishing has been awesome. I will not disclose area, but BAIT, BAIT AND BAIT are the key ingredient. SLICKS ARE VITALLY IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME. I BELIEVE ONE COULD PUT TOGETHER A PATTERN USING THAT. A lot of folks on the water, please be careful. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Ummmmmmmmmm. Reds in the half shell for dinner. Man I need to get to the coast.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeah, i can't believe you strung those reds ..........................................i would have put them on ice!! nice catch i hope i do that good this afternoon.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
Great catch, and great looking water! And I'm stuck at work!! AHHHHH :headknock

·
Houston, Tx
500 Posts
RedX,
If your from Port Neeches... Were you fishing Sabine? Just curious, but understand not giving away your spots. My family's in Lumberton, and I'm in Houston. Hope to catch a few in E. bay this weekend. Great report, that is surely one stringer to be proud of. Gets me pumped up for this weekend!!!

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Great job! Nice fish!

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Potlicker...hahaha

That's freaking awesome. And the water behind #1, looks fishy calm. Hope it's like that in the AM.

Looks like you got a vacation when you got back from vacation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
good catch. pretty reds. looks like you've got some protection from the wind around you. don't give away too much info on that location, lol. i'm jk thanks for the tips, good luck this weekend.

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Now that's what i call a good day fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Thank You! Next
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, Since Rita the Shrimp Population along with Shad, Mullet and The Dolphins(just kiddin') have been ASTRONOMICAL in proportion to years past. Since 3 weeks after last year(Rita) ,the fishin' has been far and away better. No doubt, the Hurricane did not do us any favors for our property , but the Fishin' even through the winter was outstanding, I cannot remember in recent history a population of Reds as I am seeing now. Maybe the early 90's. I decided to keep a few today , I normally don't , only if I need some for a feed. But this trip has been duplicated numerous times this year. The tides as of late has been a friend.. Hey Brian,(bslittle79) I released a 27" trout this morning on a Top Dog Jr.(red head,char top and gold middle) What a fish, the one in the picture is 25". We should have stayed , but the tide was playing out and so was the bite .. Good luck guys, from what I am hearing it is going on everywhere .

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Nice going, Brad ... definitely some slick water there. No wind over this morning either.

p.s. I'll bite ... I don't like seeing reds on a stringer ...

.... I like to see 'em sizzling in a black skillet! :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts