2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is going below the dam at Livingston today and give me a ride in their boat, I will be happy to pay the launch fee and show some below the dam tricks.
SS

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was thinking about going this morning but woke up and seen it was 24 degrees outside and said no way Jose. If it was warmer, I'd be glad to take ya. If you wanna go in this weather, maybe you are tough enough. ;)

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yeah, this is sweet, I'm ready Matt see you at the ramp. This should be a good test to see if the front shut them off, report later.
SS

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey SS I will give ya a ride on my yak. It might be a little wobbly but I would not mind the below the dam tricks. :rotfl:

474 Posts
If anyone is going below the dam at Livingston today and give me a ride in their boat, I will be happy to pay the launch fee and show some below the dam tricks.
SS
Hey Loy thanks for all the posts. I havent fished much lately, so reading your reports help ease the pain. What happened to your boat? Can you launch a 22ft bay boat below the damm and get around ok? how much trouble is it?

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
The theory is that the cold and wind only effects the fishermen not the fish.
The water coming out of the gates is from -32 feet. I do not think even these three days of freezing night will effect the temp of the discharged water more than a degree or two. One of the big fish attraction in the summer is the discharge water is much cooler with a higher oxygen content than the lake surface or lower river. (Liberty)
Now frozen rod guides, watery eyes, a beard full of frozen slobber and aching fingers might seem to effect the fish but it is normally just an excuse for being a wimp.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is something wrong with you're boat? Hope it's not bad. I will be back up to the lake house next Friday and hope the weather is good enough for me to make a fishig trip below the dam.

Regards

·
Banned
764 Posts
The theory is that the cold and wind only effects the fishermen not the fish.
The water coming out of the gates is from -32 feet. I do not think even these three days of freezing night will effect the temp of the discharged water more than a degree or two. One of the big fish attraction in the summer is the discharge water is much cooler with a higher oxygen content than the lake surface or lower river. (Liberty)
Now frozen rod guides, watery eyes, a beard full of frozen slobber and aching fingers might seem to effect the fish but it is normally just an excuse for being a wimp.
Well I did have frozen rod guides and aching fingers today but the fish were still biting and the ones i caught were bigger.I caught 3 undersize strippers that seemed more aggresive that usual.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gcoureville, the boat has a stripped out control box, and our back up boat is still in the repair stage, hoping to hear from the boat doctor soon!
Sabine hustler, today we used light to iltelight tackle for the white bass, you can use the heavy stuff as well especially for stripers.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
SS, do you have parts on order? The fellow at New Caney has fixed me up twice with used but serviceable control stuff. Once on a Merc and once on a Johnson.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have anything on order Sunbeam, and I was thinking a used part might be the way to go with this repair, send me a contact # by PM if you have one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts