2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life on the Texas coast was threatened with wrath of Hurricane Ike. Many friends of our Northern waters were pounded by a storm surge that rivals most of the strongest storms in Texas' history. Our thoughts and wishes go out to them as they recover from the damage. Most of the fishing fleet was forced to remain in port with rough seas and strong winds prevailing. Those willing to risk their vessels and crew in the abundant debris washing down the coast would find scattered fish and lots of potential floating structure. If you looked hard enough you could find some absolute treasures both washing ashore and swimming under the debris. The guard is changing posts and fall has arrived signaled by an amazing Yellowfin Tuna bite and shoals of bait fish migrating south. Best of luck to those who attempt to catch a MONSTER in ROCTOBER, the spooks are here!

Many thanks to those who made this happen,
Capt Tom and the crew of the Hook n Bull,
Capt Marty and the crew of his 41' Albemarle,
Cole and Brian,
Capt Trevor and Erica, and Calista of Island Queen Charters, Homer, Alaska
Sam and Belinda
Glen
Lucky
Heath
Garret
Mike
Guy

Take care, and hang a big one

-Moose

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
The pic of the kiddo reminds me of my first days on the gulf, when my dad would troll me as a teaser. Ah, memories. Great shots, looks like they are about to stick the top on the Perdido spar, if they haven't already.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Man thanks so much for the awesome pictures. You should send some of those pics into saltwater magizine. Your camera guy is awesome. Brought back memorys of my 7 years fishing offshore Venice La. Man did I hammer the tuna, wahoo, mahi and everything else.
Lost my boat in Katrana and then found out my wife of 35 years had not paid the insurance. So no boat no more offshore fishing. Yes, we are still married. So, I love to see those pictures and remember the good days. Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts