2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove down to Surfside/Sam's Beach this morning to have a look at the water. What a mess! Fireworks debris, trash, bottles and junk everywhere. You folks that made that mess ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Think I’ll go back when the paper drys and see how much if that stuff will burn. It could get exciting.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
TomCat said:
I drove down to Surfside/Sam's Beach this morning to have a look at the water. What a mess! Fireworks debris, trash, bottles and junk everywhere. You folks that made that mess ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Think I'll go back when the paper drys and see how much if that stuff will burn. It could get exciting.
You can be pretty sure it wasn't a 2Cooler. All 2Coolers know to take extra trash bags and leave the place cleaner than they found it.

Sounds like a good excuse to spend another day on the beach though.

·
Registered
690 Posts
See alot more of that kind of disrespect for the public areas around here lately.:mad: Real shame. I have a vacant track of land in front of my house and a large vacant lot next to the house. Just floors me -- certain people think ever 4th of July they can basiclly trespass and shoot off their fireworks and then leave without picking up their trash.

Jay

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
The people behind us at Port Alto had at least $5000 worth of fireworks. Hats off to those folks because before I got up Sunday, they were cleaning the street and putting all the debris in a trailer. Thanks for the great show and thanks for the clean-up and thanks for not punching the guy who ran over the fireworks while they were lit!

·
Stealth Mode
324 Posts
The same mess is at Crystal Beach. Drove down the beach yesterday and it was scattered with all kinds of trash. We kept our area clean as did others. But apparently not everybody did.

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
I live on a half-block street. Have a street in front and one in back. Don't forget the one on the side... Yep, surrounded by three streets. Has its advantages. I have lots of curb and three driveways. City park and library to the other side of the back street and swimming pool down the street on the side. I get to pick up chicken dinner left over, beer bottles, coke cans and other trash. Nice to have such considerate neighbors. The kids are nice that drive by however, they turn their music up to a deafening roar so I can hear it in the house.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The "trashy" attitude is everywhere. It is alive and well here in the DFW metromess. I live about 2ft outside the city limits . . . So, I had a group (2 mini vans full) make a right turn onto my street & stop. They popped off fireworks untill untill 1:30am. Then they left. EVERY box, wrapper, bag, etc was left in the middle of the road. Coke cans, walmart bags . . . I think they just cleaned out the car & went home.

I was sooooo pizzed when I got up the next AM!!!!! I will remember that for next year!

People like that are TRASH & should be thrown away with the rest of the debris.

Aggie91

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
TomCat said:
Think I'll go back when the paper drys and see how much if that stuff will burn. It could get exciting.
TOBA has the first mile of beach at Treasure Island as adopted beach. I was talking to Lorraine about going down and cleaning up as we have to do at least one extra clean up each year. We have extra bags, or will get more if needed.

It doesn't take much to stage a beach clean-up. We can go down there this weekend and clean the area up in three hours. Y'all let me know.

I would not mind cleaning Sam's Beach. We tried to adopt that area, but were told it belonged to another group.

Tom

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
trashy people left the same kind of mess here in texas city all along bay street and the dike after the fireworks show. aluminum cans and fireworks debris is everywhere. some people are just amazingly uncouth.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The 4th of July stuff is par for the course, every year same thing. Idiots and lazy people will always make themselves known.

What kills me is when I go down and pick up trash that is within 100 ft. of a trash can. I can almost always fill a 5 gallon bucket at least 3-4 times within a few steps.

A shame for sure.

12lb

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
won't tax dollars pay to clean it up? do they run maintainers along the beach, even to scoop away alot of that seaweed?

Those actions are another good way to have beach rights taken away and no fireworks to be popped on the beach again... irresponsible people can be to blame in just about everything we have taken away from us.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sounds like a great job for those renting space in the local correctional facilities.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Trash....

There was a parking lot by my casa on HW6 that was full of trash. I could not believe my eyes when I drove by on Wed. morning. It was a disgusting site that people have no respect and expect everyone else to clean up after they have their fun and just drive off.........

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I know brazoria does bring their boys out on weekends. Years ago while at the beach doing what young losers do, here came the beach brigade. Lo and behold...our homie from the 'hood was out with them while locked up for driving w/out a license.

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
There is supposed to be a CCCF get together at Sam's Beach tomorrow (Saturday). Unless something has changed, there will be a pretty good cleanup down there! CCCFers and 2coolers are VERY much alike in the aspect of LEAVE IT CLEANER THAN YOU FOUND IT!

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
MEGABITE said:
The worst thing about it is the idiots' kids see them leaving all the trash there and
kids learn by example.
See it down there every time I go. It's the worst near the Pass. Diapers and beer bottles....great combination!

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
My great grandfather started that in the 40's using convicts from Clements prison farm.
Hooked Up said:
I went to Mont's little shindig there last weekend. Was pleased to see that Brazoria County DOES use inmates to pick up trash on that beach. 2cool! Guy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts