2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cut Em!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and done a little pass shooting with some of the guys. the roost had moved and there wasnt really alot of birds to be shot, but the shooting was pretty decent for about 30 mins or so.shot a nice bird from each species, canada, spec, and a blue snow :cheers:. it would have been alot nicer had i not had to trudge 250 yards out through a corn field to go get my first bird. after i got back i had to let 4 flights go over my head while i laid on the ground sucking wind :eek:hwell:. my new supermag was knocken em down with authority on some pretty long shots, i was quite impressed with how it handeled in the field...now only if i could keep that SOB off my middle finger life would be good.we walked in at 7 and walked out at 8 once the wind started howling, but it beats the hell out of going to work this morning...lol. if the wind slows down im gonna try em again all weekend.:shamrock:

Attachments

·
Cut Em!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
went again today...shot the same route, but got fooled by yesterdays hunt. yesterday we hunted, there wasnt really a whole lot of birds. didnt shoot too many times. so today when i left the truck i just kind of filled my pockets with a box of shells, left the ten gauge at the house i might add, and proceeded to the same spot i was in yesterday. once the birds started moving i knew i was in alot of trouble, they were a touch higher today...no 10 gauge.... and there were a ton of birds. just as they started getting cranked up i had to go back to the truck and get my other box of shells and missed the beef of the flights while walking to get them. never again will that happen. i was hitting birds but just not knocking them out of the air. i still wound up with a limit of honkers...oh well theres always tomorrow........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts