2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for an Oneida Eagle bow to start shooting. Due to my back injury I'm not going to be able to use my longbow any more cause it puts too much pressure on my back to hold it at full draw. The reason I want an Oneida is because they are one of the few compounds out there you can still shoot comfortably with finger tips. So I would still be shooting traditional even if it were with a compound.

I'd just go and buy on of the new Oneida Black Eagles but I don't have the spare money do to trying to get work done up at my property and ready for hunting season.

I would consider trading my longbow if I had to to get an Oneida.

So if any of y'all runs across one that is for sale and it is under $250 please let me know. I have been checking ebay, but so far they are either out of my price range or not worth fooling with.

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are currently 13 Oneida Eagles on E-Bay with only 4 of them are over your price range. I would think that you should be able to find at least one in that group that is reasonable and still in good condition. Good luck......I hope you find one !

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
PM BuckSnort. I may be wrong, but, I swear he told me he had one of those. And, he dang sure ain't shooting it. :D

BTW, I have a Pearson Spoiler that we could work something out on. I killed several animals with it last year. I shot it with tabs for years.

·
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jfk47 said:
There are currently 13 Oneida Eagles on E-Bay with only 4 of them are over your price range. I would think that you should be able to find at least one in that group that is reasonable and still in good condition. Good luck......I hope you find one !
Been bidding on them for weeks and the price seem to always get up above my limit when you add in shipping on the ones worth anything. Some of the cheaper ones don't have the modules needed to adjust the draw length and let off, so I'd have to go out and buy those if the bow is not set for the right draw length. A lot more to it than just the current high bid.

TXPalerider said:
PM BuckSnort. I may be wrong, but, I swear he told me he had one of those. And, he dang sure ain't shooting it. :D

BTW, I have a Pearson Spoiler that we could work something out on. I killed several animals with it last year. I shot it with tabs for years.
Thanks Brad! I'll shoot him an email. On the ole Pearson, I kind of got my heart set on the Oneida because it looks so much like a recurve and I would at least feel like I'm still shooting traditional.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Derek,

If you don't find what you are looking for, you are more than welcome to come get my Spoiler. It's adjustable and it will dang sure get you through your back troubles.

Brad

·
Registered
106 Posts
B-Hunter
Did you look at the 'Discovery' bow here on the 2-cool calssifieds? It is supposed to be similiar to the Oneida. It's classified # 33 (on the 2nd page , I think). Just a thought!

·
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jfk47 said:
B-Hunter
Did you look at the 'Discovery' bow here on the 2-cool calssifieds? It is supposed to be similiar to the Oneida. It's classified # 33 (on the 2nd page , I think). Just a thought!
Yes I did. The problem with that bow is the company went out of business after only a year. So if something would break on it I'd be SOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts