2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone out there that can give me some good sound advice on flounder fishing, it would be greatly appreciated.. I am just getting into wadefishing and the only two places that i know to fish are the tx.city dike and mosses lake.... If anyone can tell me some new areas that are friendly to a newer wadefisher.... i mostly fish with live finger mullet, but i am willing to try art.. just not sure what really works. Also if there are any special tricks of the trade that someone might want to revel. I live in the Dickinson area..

Thanks for all that reply

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
greg0210;
I've fished the Cold Pass/Christmas Bay area....Christmas Bay is probally too warm
now...Both are on the Surfside side of San Luis Pass...I'd stay away from SLP...there
are lots of fish there BUT they have some areas which can be tricky/deadly.
The use of finger mullet is a good method, you can also use live shrimp & croaker on
a fishfinder rig...sliding egg sinker. {just enough wt to get to the bottom}
Jackie

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Greg thanks for posting this as I am in much need of "the art of flounder fishing". But I will be fishing primarily in the Port A area but anty tips will will most helpful................later,DAve

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
go to seawall head toward the slp when you get to 8mil rd take a right and keep going(will change to andersons way) till you see west bay hang a left on sportsman rd till it dead ends ,people wade there for everything gps 29 15 and 94 54 next to south deer island in galveston well known place .

·
Registered
58 Posts
flattie wade spots

Anderson Ways (Sportsman's Rd) in Galveston is a good area to wade for flounder. Also, you might try the Sydner bayou area (can't remember the road name) west of Scholes field. Anywhere of the coves along the so. shoreline of west bay will usually produce flounder. I have also caught a lot of flounder in the "Lagoon" on the right side of Seawall Blvd. between Stewart beach & the So. Jetty. Highland Bayou in Hitchcock is also loaded with flounder. Not too much access there, great on a falling tide if you have a yak.There's always Seawolf, but you gotta pay to park & almost always crowded.The earlier mentioned Cold Pass is a good bet too. I like the falling tide for flounder fishing, and finger mullet is hard to beat. Remember, patience...10 Mississippi, set that hook HARD! Good Luck! - Tommy

·
One more cast....
10,760 Posts
Rollover pass has always been a great spot to flounder fish but get there very early. Its down past crystal beach a ways on the left hand side. Go over the bridge there and take a left all the way down to the end . Great wading there on that drop off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replies

Big thanks for everyone that replied.. i really apprecite all the advice and the local information on some of the great spots.. i cant wait to get out there and try some of the new spots... Hope to see some of you all out there... Thanks very much again...

Till then,
Greg0210.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.