2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a good pre-storm story.
I had a check list during my mad dash from work to board up, grab the boat and some possessions before the storm. One thing on the list was to stop at Walmart and get a few things, including a nokia charger for my truck.
When I found the rack with the phone chargers, it was blocked by a hispanic woman frantically looking for a charger as well. Looking over her shoulder, I asked if she was looking for a Nokia one, because I was too. She said she was and moved over so we both could sort through the rows of cards hanging on the rack. I looked for a while and then told her that I guess we had got there too late and they were all gone. Then I walked away.........I had maybe gone fifty feet when I heard a senor, senor behind me. When I turned to look back, it was the lady beaming and coming toward me holding two Nokia chargers she had found. "I found two" she said, "and this ones for you." I thanked her profusely for her help......just a small story of a big example of human kindness.

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,514 Posts
Great story Kenny. I too have been blessed. I work overseas and my wife and children live in Manvel Brazoria county. There was no way for me to get from Iraq to Manvel before the storm and my wife was in a panic. She went out shopping for storm supplies two days before it hit. While she was gone there was a knock on the door at the house. My oldest daughter (18) answered to see 3 of my neighbors with tools in hand standing there. George told my daughter to go get 10 sheets of plywood they would be back. When my daughter return the neighbors went to work covering the windows of the house. Much to me wifes surprise the were just finishing as she returned. We only had minor damage to the house and the day after the storm the neighbors showed up again to remove the plywood, cut up and haul off a 50' uprooted tree and all other fallen limbs and put the fence back up. The next day a man shows up and asked it they had power? The answer was no (still no power as of now). He stated his power came back on and proceeded to unload a generator, cords and 10 gallons of gas. He hooked everything up and left. When my wife told me this I asked which neighbor was it. She told me she has never seen the man before. We've lived there for 27 years. He came back yesterday to check on them and it turned out he lives about 2 miles away. He had heard from someone my wife was in need and just wanted to help. Looks like I'll have a new friend when I get home. I feel truely blessed.

Shooter

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Ouch! Hey Kenny, wipe that blood off your nose! :biggrin:

Big Daddy said:
People usually show a little extra kindness to senior citizens!:slimer:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todd's just jealous of my manly good looks and that I'm a chick magnet!

·
Banned
607 Posts
kenny said:
Todd's just jealous of my manly good looks and that I'm a chick magnet!
Lol!! Hey Kenny,,,we're about to chop the top off a Suburban,,,was wondering if you could bring your Sawzall and battery charger??:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts