2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chicken Rancher
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boys and I along with a good friend were fishing in Baffin Bay this morning, 08/02/2006. At about 11:15 we had motored up to Penescal Point and using the trolling motor to anchor onto an area of rocks. About 50 yards from the area we were going to anchor in, another boat appeared from the North and just came into our spot. We tried to wave him off, but he acted like he didn't see us.

Well, the guy that muscled in on us was in a yellow boat and known as

THE SALTY AGGIE.

Thanks alot you IDIOT!!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I can't and won't speak on his behalf, but I would hate for you to think that all guides are like that. I normally try to stay away from other boats, unless I am working with them. I know exactly who you are talking about and know him very well. I would not think he would do something like that, course, ya nev'r know! Sorry you had a run in with him. He's really a pretty nice guy.

Kind Regards,
Capt. Jimmie Dooms

·
Registered
116 Posts
Must be something in the water at Baffin that destroys good manners. I fished it during the early to mid-70's when you could get off the local ramp in a few minutes even on weekends and the term "Mirrolure Necklace" had not been invented. Won't go back even tho my best stringer of trout came off a politically incorrectly named reef (now renamed East Kleberg Point) was caught there on a slick-calm day in April on a topwater: 9 fish weighing 63 lbs. On my last 3 trips there, I was yelled off a small reef in a howling norther by a guide with client with no other boats within sight, threatened by an idiot who performed his version of a donut around me because I had dared to anchor and wade a half mile from where he was fishing and issued a citation by a game warden for neglecting to have my white light on a few minutes before legal sunrise. Of course, he wrote the citation with the morning sun over his shoulder-love you Baffin, but cannot handle the possibility of another heart attack caused by stress!

·
Registered
426 Posts
name on the boat

It always good to have your name on the boat.. So people can know who you are.. If the guy would have came in on me like that I would have went over to his boat and thanked him for cutting us off.. Then hammer down on the way out.. Hope-n not to get anyone wet..Some people have all the nerve.. That is a big area down there with pleanty of spots to fish so give some guy's some room ... Sorry that happened to ya .. Had the same thing happen to me while we were filming a show on the water down there it will be in a clip called boat ethics...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Show on boat ethics!!! What network and the name of the show please?

I have been cut off and chased out of spots by more "Guides" in the last 10 years than I ever thought possible. I have started carring a video camera in my boat for my complaints to TPW and USCG when it happens again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.