2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a guide in Idaho I used this man several years to fly with. When I came to Texas there was no more landing on snow banks or river banks or straight up and taking off down a mountain.

I post this now because my Mothers crazy husband is getting a plane and his license. (it will happen they got serious cash and drive). I will not fly to Idaho with him and land on a bush pilots ground.

Read the attached story via my buddy Crash Arnold and longtime friend.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,962703,00.html

hell I might just add I was 10 when I took my first flight with him assisting my Father whom is a guide as well and customer of pilot above.

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
great read. after spending 10 days up in Idaho/SE washington this summer, i can appreciate this story a lot more. My family homesteaded up there too, and lots of times i wish my grandfather had still stayed on that little dairy farm near Cocolalla. its a completely different world up there, and a better one if you ask me.

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Interesting article there! I also Googled "Arnold Aviation Idaho" and read several other very interesting articles.

·
Registered
210 Posts
"I post this now because my Mothers crazy husband is getting a plane and his license. (it will happen they got serious cash and drive). I will not fly to Idaho with him and land on a bush pilots ground."

AND your mother shouldn't either! :frown:

Heard of a lady pilot that flew up one of those canyons there long ago and never came out. Don't know if wreckage was ever found?

Tks for article, interesting read..

:texasflag

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I post this now because my Mothers crazy husband is getting a plane and his license. (it will happen they got serious cash and drive). I will not fly to Idaho with him and land on a bush pilots ground."

AND your mother shouldn't either! :frown:

Heard of a lady pilot that flew up one of those canyons there long ago and never came out. Don't know if wreckage was ever found?

Tks for article, interesting read..

:texasflag
It's ironic you post this. We found the wreckage in a box canyon a year later (was already located) but we did stumble across it while hunting far in the back country of Idaho in a steep box canyon on the south slope of a mountain about 7k feet above the river on the Salmon river.

I sure do miss the days of hunting back there and regret moving down here at times but it was a time in my life when it was mandatory. I do intend to hunt there this year.

Nothing against Texas hunters but sitting in a box shooting deer is not what I dig. Like I said nothing against ya'll just not for me.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
Pretty cool article. I can imagine if you grew up hunting mountains then our "flat land brush" may seem a bit mundane but some big boys live in the brush. I can say I have not hunted the mountains so I may have to check it out one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts