2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
Those look great. We're interested in all kinds of photos here, but you'll find that most tend to gravitate towards those that are shot outdoors.

·
I shoot sensor bunnies TFP.
753 Posts
Yes, I do like the studio work. I have a friend begging me to let her model for me when I get the new camera. I have no studio experience or with portriats, but a few ideas I have is what I think got her.

One of them:
Her swimming pool at her complex has a 3-tiered waterfall/hot tub.The bottom tier, the actual hot tub, connects to the main pool. What I want to do is a night shoot with her in the hot tub, surrounded by about 200 tea light candles on wine cork rafts. She'll be holding either another candle, flower of some sort, or a grouping of differnt colored flower petals. She'll be submerged to her neck and her hands will also be above.

I'm just not sure how the lighting will be with the candles. It may give some very odd shadows, but I don't want to shoot with a flash. I may have to regardless and put a difuser on it.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Saltwater Servitude said:
I have a friend begging me to let her model for me when I get the new camera.
I hate when that happens! Actually, except for my kids people usually hide when the camera comes out. It does sound like you have put some creative thought into it.

I think studio work is perfectly appropriate and we have had some nice portrait work on here before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done some night pool shots with flash and they weren't bad. Try using a longer exposure than the flash. Of course, this means the model needs to be still for the entire exposure and you will need a tripod. But the longer exposure will bring back the warmth of the candle light.Shad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts