2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Northern Gulf Sailfish etc...

The crew of WildSide had a great trip out of Venice this weekend. I have not been able to get the boat back to Texas, the fish won't let me! I had SkawledDawg on board and we had another great trip. And for all the members of PETA out there the Sail swam away just fine almost slapping me in the face with his tail. Enjoy.

Attachments

G

·
Welcome Back

Pktdeace - Good to hear from you again. You back in Houston yet? You haven't missed much action on this side of the GOM due to weather but it looks like Venice treated you nicely.

·
Geeps
1,489 Posts
Congrats on the nice sail. They are the greyhounds of the gulf. Thanks for the C&R, I read about the longliners and wonder what happens when they handle "by catch" like a sail.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bill I am fishing the Grand Isle Rodeo this weekend and plan on having the boat back in Texas sometime around mid August after a couple more tournaments-rodeo's. After hearing the results of the POCO I am not very motivated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pktdeace said:
Hey Bill I am fishing the Grand Isle Rodeo this weekend and plan on having the boat back in Texas sometime around mid August after a couple more tournaments-rodeo's. After hearing the results of the POCO I am not very motivated.
So how did you do? We caught one Mahi about 30 to 35 lbs and the weather sucked. We fished the Medusa without seeing a thing. We packed up the boat and headed back to Galveston on Saturday morning, so I never heard the final results. Still had a good time though!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how did we do?

We ate the 1-3 place amberjacks. Learned a valuable lesson should wiegh everything in these things. I thought that someone would have easily beaten 30lbs but nobody wieghed one!! I dont believe anyone wieghed a grouper either. But we ran out to Saratoga and same deal got our ars kicked the whole way there and then NOTHING what a difference a week makes. Ah well the boat is back here in Texas. Anyone been to the floaters here latley? Daniel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts