2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel for the folks that lost it all. Bobby I hope you decide to rebuild the house down on Boliver..
Jim get that dang natural gas generator, Your to old to be totin gas cans out every few hours.
Guys look at it like this,, This storm blew down a bunch of old trees, there are tuns on the side of the road in front of every house.
NOW an IKE burl piece of wood would not be a hard chore to find if ya just drive slow thru the hoods you live in or are staying in.. I do believe they would make some great memories for some folks.
Jim i know that Buick has a good size trunk. Go out and get some special wood before the city pics it up and mulches it into garden chips..
I will keep an eye out for ya guys..
Hope all is well with the OLD PHARTS CLUB down here....
Randall

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Randall...You're right about totin' them 5 gallon gas cans all day.. To remedy that...I had a couple of Mont's installers out here today pouring a slab for one of his Generac back up generators.. I went for the 27000 KW monster that oughta lite up the entire damm neighborhood if this ever happens again.. This has been hell..but Momma is holding up like a FINE SOLDIER and we shall oversome..Should have power back by Thursday...one way or the other. Think Mont's crew will be installing and finishing up the NG generator on that day..so........

Right now, pens and wood are the last thing in my mind..

Don't worry about us "Old Pharts"....we made it this far thru heaven and hell and a little blow like IKE aint gonna knock us down now....

jaime

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya jim.. Glad ya made the jump for the emergency back up..
Good ta hear the Mrs. is holding her own.. Now if ya get a chance, take a look at the curb.. you will be back into the turning soon and i would hate to see ya let a good burl get away.

Chin up...
They didn't even have power when you were a kid.. :eek:

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
JOHNNY QUEST said:
I hear ya jim..
They didn't even have power when you were a kid.. :eek:
LOL...OK smartazz...As a matter of fact, our first wedding anniversary my FIL gave us a WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER . Man, we were the talk of the projects.. Cool Air...never heard of such a thang...:tongue: Sure got a lot of new friends that summer....

·
Registered
482 Posts
It is good to hear from everyone and know that everyone is safe (even if a ruffled.) we were lucky at the Jesey Village den. Estimates are coming in now and look to be in the $20K ++ range for repairs. All in all, we are unhurt and have power now. When the lights came on it was like a religious experience.

My brother in Baytown has a 50 year old pecan down in his back yard. I intend to salvage some.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Yep, me and my NG generator were best friends last week. I estimate the NG bill to be around $210 for a full week of use. Consider that no elect bill for the same week, it isn't too bad. I read meter and units used times unit cost = my estimate. My normal elect bill in summer is between $300 - $350 for a month. It was worth every penny. That was running most everything I have except for my swimming pool. I let it go but with one the size Jim is getting, I could have ran the pool but NG would have been worse.

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
I like the way you guys think. My house is starting to feel damp and has that 'old closet' smell now. Sure could use some more dry cool air. The little 110 Ac unit is keeping the one room bearable, but the rest of the house is suffering. All things considered I came out blessed and like the rest of you really feel for the folks that took it on the chin. I'm sure most folks will rebuild, I would, but it will take time. I already have a collection of 'Ike Wood' and it's still growing.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
RELIEF - Power was just restored. They fixed the line yesterday and said we were ready as soon as Centerpoint flipped the switch. Sweated all night and my next door neighbor flagged down a Centerpoint guy this AM. He apologized and said they "overlooked" us last night. Flipped the switch and like magic - we had power. House is cooling down fast but now I have to leave for Corpus. Glad the power is on because I was worried about leaving my wife here to handle the generator. I plan to make a more permanent arrangement before the next outage - soon as the vultures find another place to roost.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
slip knot said:
Waiting on power is like a young kid waiting on Christmas morning.
Man...you got that right, Dale.. Just looked out the window and there must be a dozen trucks from all over the country swarming the 'hood right now.. Mebbe...just mebbe...LOL

Feel like a teenager again :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts