2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Texan
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In considering how I handle daily situations regarding my faith, I came to an easy and quick answer to the old question of:

Well, what if you are wrong and there is no God or Heaven?

My answer:

Then I have lived a morally fulfilling life with a loving family. I served mankind well and provided for others. I will be placed in the grave and others will mourn for me and remember the kind of person I was. But let me put the question back to you know now........ What if their is a God in Heaven and he sent Jesus to the Earth to atone for your sins? Are you willing to take that chance?

So my Brothers and Sisters, how do you handle this or similar questions? I welcome the responses.

Biki

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Years ago I had a bumper sticker that I really loved. I haven't seen one like it in recent years. It said:

DON'T BE CAUGHT DEAD
WITHOUT JESUS

I thought that was a fantastic message. I guess it's the gospel in a nutshell.

As to your question, if folks ask what if I'm wrong, I tell them that I've been loving and serving the God of the universe for decades. He hasn't let me down yet, but if I'm wrong I lose nothing, and they gain nothing. But if they're wrong, it will be eternally too late for them to change their minds.

It has taken me a long time to grasp that not everyone will choose Jesus, and that I'm not responsible for their choices, but I'm just to love them.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
What do you have to lose? I ask people that. Eternal life in paradise with the Lord, or eternal hell. It is a simple choice. Make it today. We are not promised tommorrow. Then I suggest that they read the Bible, learn the "Truth", and allow the word to transform them into a living testimony. That is the proof that the Bible is real. Once you get into studying it, serve the Lord with all your heart,then real supernatural things start happening "Glory to God". We become new creatures "HALLELUJAH" Tell me it aint real. GOD is so good. ALL the time.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If people ask me about my faith, I tell them that having the Spirit of God living in your heart is like being hungry.

You know when you are hungry, because you are hungry. You can't really describe your hunger to anyone. They can only know by seeing you eat.

You know that Jesus is inside of your heart because He is. You can't really describe that to anyone, but they can know by the way you live or walk by Grace.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is no answer or reason to debate the question because neither of you know for certain or have the ability to understand the answer. Believers are not to lean on their own understanding but should believe in what is unseen, believe what is in your heart. I believe the message from Christ because I have heard the message and I feel it, trust it, and believe it in my heart. You might ask the questioner, "what does his heart tell him?"

·
Banned
214 Posts
I have also answered back with, "I would rather live my life faithfully serving God the Father through Jesus Christ, and then die to find out I WAS wrong, but are you willing to live like there is no God and then die to find out YOU were wrong!!!?"
I have YET had any one come back with any kind of rational answer. I just don't know how I lived without Him.........I am NOTHING and can do NOTHING meaningful with Jesus Christ....our Heavenly Father providing for me...and the Holy Spirit teaching me..comforting me....and revealing the Father to me !!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you SOOOO much father for thinking SOOO much of us adopted children and co-heirs with Christ....to send Jesus to die seperated from you...so I would NEVER die seperated from you.....and thank you God for raising Jesus from the dead so that in THAT day...we too will be raised, given new bodies and being in the presence of our Great God and Savior...Jesus Christ !!!!!!!!!!!
WOW !!!! Words can not express what my heart feels !!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts