2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to get away for a couple of hours of fishing today. On the water around noon....very few boats out today. Matt and Gofish2day were the only boat out of Broken Arrow when I launched.

Only had a couple of hours to fish....and managed to leave my landing net at home which isn't a good thing when crappie fishing on a boat with high sides....after loosing some I had to improvise and managed about 20 nice fish for the cleaning table. Water temp was up to just over 55 deg but will be headed down again tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all and safe holidays.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's a good amount of crappie and they look like big ones. There was not many people out today but it was good to be out fishin. We didn't do as good as we have been doin but we did catch some really big crappie. I may go below the dam friday and if I do I will let you guys know how I do on the blues. I don't have family around so I get to fish on Christmas.

Matt

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

I'd really appreciate a report from there....especially on any striper action.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Very nice Matt. 25 is a great day for Crappie even though limits have been the norm. Good luck below the Dam. Look forward to reading your report.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
That one in the front of the pic looks like a tuna!
You went to the right place MDLRK, it was what dbullard and I were saying to ourselves as battled the 4' rollers on the way in on the main lake, we should have gone crappie fishing!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The pond master strikes again. Good show there mate. You missed all the boats by a day or two. The days I was out it was wall to wall boats back in kickapoo.

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
That's a good amount of crappie and they look like big ones. There was not many people out today but it was good to be out fishin. We didn't do as good as we have been doin but we did catch some really big crappie. I may go below the dam friday and if I do I will let you guys know how I do on the blues. I don't have family around so I get to fish on Christmas.

Matt
I was thinking about doing the same also. I have a 17 ft Cape Horn deep V. You think I can launch it below the dam. I heard it has only 3 gates open. I had a report from a friend that they caught 35 whites, few stripers, and 42 catfish on Tuesday.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...I had a report from a friend that they caught 35 whites, few stripers, and 42 catfish on Tuesday.
Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm headed down there soon also. You shouldn't have problems launching at current flows...keep your engine up some until you clear the low water around the east ramp.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Sorry to say the average of 1" of rain all up the water shed has caused TRA to open at least two more gates. Since the graph is still rising at noon Thursday it is difficult to know exactly what will be the final out put. Looking at the river gauges I would say the there will be a minimum of five gates open through this week end. And cold and very windy! We are forcast for 30mph north winds and lows in the lower 20's through Saturday.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
The fishing gods give, and they take away. They gave us great fishing in the lake, but wont even let us get a chance below the dam this year. :headknock
Here are some pics of my drive up to Whitney, in reverse order. You can see it's just about white out conditions up here on the farm, the snow started about Calvert.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts