2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wherever she makes landfall I'm afraid this one will make history.
Already a category 4, our forecasters say the pressure is still falling and it could become a catergory 5 before landfall.
God help the people where she goes in.
My sons. looking at this photo, believe they can see cyclones within the image. They could be right. Andrew carried multiple cyclones and spread them all over the land.
Keep tuned! Parts of Dade County are boarded up already. Home Depot and grocery stores are already experiencing empty shelves. We still have to get batteries and bottled water.
Gosh, I wish this hurricane season would get over with!
I've been praying for the Carolina's too.

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Its awsome to look at. I can see what your sons mean in he pic and it makes sense to me.

There will be hundreds of thousands in evacuation wherever Frances may end up. I remember HUGO in '89 and there were 94 mph winds inland as far as Charlotte NC (160 miles from coast).

I could be as right or wrong as anyone but I think SC, somewhere near Charleston is gonna take the hit. It isn't looking good. This has been an awful year for personal loss due to hurricane/tropical storm activity.

I guess we'll wait and see.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks FishinChick for your very kind offer! But I don't think there's time.

God willing, that monster will run into a cold mass or huge balloon of high pressure and head straight out to sea!

And Fishman I pray that heading for the Carolinas will not happen. They have been battered by storms quite enough for one year.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
There is time ...

Pam's been checking on friends and family in FL ... If we were there and saw this coming, we'd be heading for Kansas! Been through some rough Cat 3's as a kid ... but this one makes those look like a spring rain. Don't wait, there's time to head inland!

Keep Safe, AJ ... You're in our prayers.
Bob

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
I gotta ask you AJ...If it looked like you were gonna get nailed with a Cat 3 0r 4, Would you and the boys ride it out or head north? I don't think ya'll can head much farther south? I'm praying NOBODY gets the brunt of this one.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have to stay here Fishman ...

Because of my situation. If there were still room in the hospitals I could be taken there and the boys head for safer ground. They are adament that we will be OK here and they're probably right.
I keep referring to my sons as "boys". I have done this ever since they were born. Actually my oldest son Leslie, who lives in Lakeland, Fl. with his family, is 55 yrs. old. My 2 boys and I live together. Eric is 53 yrs. old and Sven is 45 yrs. old.
And Fishman, since this house went through Andrew without blowing apart, we hoping it will do the same with Frances. It's a CBS construction. This means it's all cinder blocks. This is the design that Florida builders chose as the strongest to stand up to hurricanes. This house was built in 1935. At one time CBS constructions were about all you would find in Dade County after a tragic hurricane destroyed so many lives and tore up the entire community.
So here we stay....and pray. And should we go through some hard bumps and losses here...believe me....we WILL NOT say it's because it was "God's will"! That really stresses me when people say that!
I have always clung to Paul's message: "...God make all things work to the good for those who love Him"
So, as our TV gives us hour by hour looks at Frances and we are told that all Home Depots are OUT of plywood, batteries and radios and the gasoline pumps are almost empty...with tankers of gasoline sitting off shore but not allowed into port...we are as ready as we can be.
Thank you for caring! Love,
Joyce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts