2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bad seas make good captains
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh Lord, I know that my politics lists hard to starboard. I have tried to keep the scuppers above the waterline. And even though it seems that the more I practice tolerance, the less I am tolerated, I thank you for the strength to be meek. lord, I pray that if it comes my time... take me alone! Please spare my crew and customers for their only fault was trusting in my words and judgement as a Captain. Lord, I ask that you bless me with a ferver for a knowlege of my family as great as I have thirst for knowlege of new T.D.'s, for they are infinantly more worthy of that attention than any fishing spot. I thank you O Lord, for one more season on your seas and one more trip back than I had out! I ask you O Lord, not that my vessel runs well, but that you bless me with the knowlege and calmness to repair this boat well enough to bring her back to port. And, O lord, I thank you for sending your son to us instead of your daughter, for my old salty heart could not bear the thought of mankind doing that to a woman, your most precious gift to man!
I know not O Lord, where lies my final port-o-call, but I hold the co-ordinates you have given me dearly in my heart and will do my best to steer a true course! Amen

Privateer

·
Registered
222 Posts
Amen!! :) I love the calmness to repair the vessel part!! I pray something very similiar on all trips. Thanks for sharing!!

Captain Wilk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts