2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out near the car bodies this morning about 5:30. The top water bite was on for a little while. I pulled out my old trusty floating mirror lure with a prop on the front. I have had it for about 8 years, and it has always caught fish for me when the bite was on. I had a blast this morning. Don't know how many dinks I caught, but there were a couple times that I made five casts and caught five fish. I caught 1 keeper at 16". When the bite slowed, I swapped to plastic, using a pumkinseed paddle tailed Bass Assasin. Caught several fish with it...caught the keeper with it. Then the bite stopped. Lots of bait around, but nothing busting them up. I worked my way all the way down to the jetties, with the story being the same. Talked to a few people along the way and the story was the same. All in all, it was a blast and had me giggling like a kid every time I had a blow-up on that old lure. Tomorrow should be good again...to bad I have to go into Houston...VIC

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
A Car Bodies Question

As I came in from offshore Tuesday, I stopped by the Car Bodies coordinate and it is at least 5 miles from the beach front. So are you guys in boats or wading? Especially when you said from there to the Jetty.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Car bodies

redman61 said:
i am thinking of trying to go there tomorrow...can anybody tell me were the car body area is .....thanks for the help guys
Folletts Island (Surfside Beach) close to San Luis Pass. Enter on Beach Access Road 6 (at the Peregrine condos), make a left ont he beach and drive until you go under the concrete pilings and little further is the "car bodies" area. Basically, almost to the end of the island.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts