2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured are Katie Miller and her boyfriend/guide, Ryan Elrod, of Ingleside. On 8/2/07, Katie caught this trout on an artificial in Redfish Bay. The trout measured 28 1/2 inches long and weighed 9 lbs on thier boca grips. Katie is not entered in the STAR.

Attachments

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Not entered in the CCA Star tournament? Wow! That's got to be a little painful right about now! Excellent fish though! Congratulations on a dandy trout!

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Very nice fish. Congratulations on that one for sure.

·
Looking for Fish
665 Posts
Way to go. Redfish Bay pay dirt. I've worked those waters for years but never gotten anything that large out of there, except for ole reds.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
SpeckReds said:
I cannot understand why someone would fish Saltwater during the Star and not enter. Nice fish! Congrats to Her.
word.. ive never caught a 9lber but if i do during the star i will cash in on that

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
Great fish. That pulls vacuum on not bein in the S.T.A.R. though.

Kelly

·
Registered
437 Posts
Why enter or why not enter? Just a personal decision. I wait for that moment every time I hook up, to weep and moan that I didn't enter STAR. That's sarcasm for you people who can't read computterr! Bring it tagged red, I'll take a pic and send it out to yall, then keep on fishing and wishin...

SpeckReds said:
I cannot understand why someone would fish Saltwater during the Star and not enter. Nice fish! Congrats to Her.

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
OUTLAW said:
can you say ex-boyfriend. still a nice fish, great for her
I'm single and always looking for cute gals that like to fish, care to elaborate? Or is this the computer sarcasum about not entered in star I didn't catch?:(

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
OUTLAW said:
can you say ex-boyfriend. still a nice fish, great for her
LOL...my thoughts exactly!

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
Some people do not understand that when someone wins something (like STAR), that rig does not come free. A person has to pay some kind of gift tax on the items that are "won". It would probably cost several thousand dollars just to pay that tax. Most people probably end up selling the rig just to be able to pay the tax on it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Cash money winnings are taxed about 40% right? I think that "gift" winnings are taxed less though. If the boat/motor/truck/trailer was taxed 40% I'd put the truck on eBay IMO. anyways, congrats again on the catch!

Jake

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Jake said:
Cash money winnings are taxed about 40% right? I think that "gift" winnings are taxed less though. If the boat/motor/truck/trailer was taxed 40% I'd put the truck on eBay IMO. anyways, congrats again on the catch!

Jake
I know a guy who won two boats from different CCA banquets. He just sold one of them and kept the other one. He made enough money off of the sale to pay for the taxes on both and have some dough left over.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Jake said:

Jake
Jake,
This is how I understand it....I have been wrong before though.

Prizes and cash winnings are just taxed as additional income. The Star trout division prize is a 22' Shoalwater (I think?)...so let's say that fair market value is $30,000.

If you are a single guy making $40K per year, your tax rate on the boat would be 25%, leaving you a bill of $7500. Not too bad for a new boat.

If you are single guy making $350K, your tax bill would be 35%, leaving you a bill of $10,500. This guy in this example is not sweatin' the $10K bill, and probably already has a nicer boat.

Either way, they will only be taxed at 35% max, and we don't have a state income tax to worry about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts