2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at the causeway and fished south from there. Water is tea color with about 12" of visibility. Given the circumstances the normal september patterns are working. Flounder were running, caught several rat reds, a black drum, sand trout, and some croaker. Strange thing was they were all on arti's - go figure??? Anyway no trout wanted to play but that should change as the water clears up. FYI - Be careful there are gators, lots of them and they will come in the boat with you the salt water has them messed up. Also there are snakes and lots of them be careful around the bridges, boat ramps and anywhere you are walking. As far as debris there is some new stickups north of the causeway and I will post up the GPS #'s when I get a chance. If you go wear your life jacket and be careful it's a different world down there right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the report. Did you notice how WU park faired?

Heck there was gators in the surf at McFaddin Wedensday before the storm. Been fishing there a long time and never seen that before. Sorry for the poor quality pics.
McFaddin 9/10

·
Registered
319 Posts
Fished the the lake on sunday evening. Same as reported about 10-12 inches of visibillity, fished north end some trees in the water but cleaner than i expected to see. If you see some debris in the water please take time to mark for someone else.

474 Posts
the bite has not slowed down even after the storm. I caught redfish all over the north end of the lake and the intercoastal. we caught 31 flounders sat and 29 sunday. my buddies had 39 monday but i was at work. we caught them in keith lake, intercoastal back torwards texaco island and in the pass around goat island. water was stained, but we caught alot of fishes. i have a few pics on my iphone, will get them on here when i upload them. caught them on gulp new penny and pearl shrimp. 3"

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SLH - Let's not let the cat completely out of the bag. Sabine is not that good really but SLH is a heck of a fisherman.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What were the water conditions? Has it cleared up any? Also has any one heard from Dickie Colburn I miss his reports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts