2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tilt/trim motor went out last month. I installed a new motor and everything was fine. I purged the system and put it back in storage. I went to check on it last weekend and the trim would not work so I called the place I got the motor from because the wires going to the motor were hot. I go the new motor today and installed it and it doesn't work either. Picked up 2 new relays too and that didn't work. The motor works if you jump it off the solenoid. When I hit the switch for tilt up or down the relays click but no motor. I have cleaned and tested wires until I am blue in the face. The leads to the motor harness are hot, both of them. I am hoping someone has experienced the same problem and can help me out. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, I'm surprised no one has any suggestions on this. Maybe a bad ground somewhere? Trying one more time to get some help!

·
5,853 Posts
can you trace the wire down that powers the motor only. The switch activates to electro magnet inside the solenoid to allow power to the motor. So if the switch activation activates the solenoid (clicking sound) that seems to be working....wondering if its the power wire from the main source thru the soleniod to the motor that could be the problem.
Post up and let us know the results

look at this link
http://www.outboardmotor.biz/tilt/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Through wire testing I determined that it indeed was a bad ground. Replaced the relay wiring harness on the green side and all is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts