2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think stupid. As a guest on a couple of so called managed deer leases in the past, sitting in the deer stand looking at three deer a 1&1/2 8, 2&1/2 8 and a 3 or 4&1/2 5 point with a smaller spread and no mass than the other two. I wonder on the thought process not killing does and no brow tines bucks walking a round.
I am not a game manager by any means but, I think there are more people than you that do not get even the simple concepts. With all the managing going on to day you think more people would get it. Even the 13" rule works better at least for the counties that if it had horns the deer died.
What do you think! :texasflag

·
Tight Lines
1,229 Posts
8 point or better is stupid. A 4 1/2 yr old 8 pt. gets a dirt nap on our lease. If you're managing for horns you take the inferior bucks and let the young studs get old and spread the good genes around.

·
The Ole Reprobate
796 Posts
My opinion is that you could be taking a YOUNG realy good buck before it does you heard any good. Or as stated earlier letting an older deer under 8 points sire more with the same genes. Therefore I'm against it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts