2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the waves finally died down enought for me to trailer my boat to port A, First I would like to thank formula4fish and everyone who responded to my threads about port A.
We left NW houston at 9:00 p.m b/c one of our buddies did not get off work till 8:30 to start off the trailer lights did not work " a blown fuse for some reason"
replaced the fuse and went on, Got to port A at 1:00 a.m and looked for a hotel on the port side of the ferry " NO VACANCY" could not believe it so we just voted to sleep in the truck a dodge 2500 quad cab. Bait shop opened up at 4:45 a.m and we got the usual squid and cigar minnows No minnows they only had sardines, they guy at the bait shop asked us " What are yall going for?" and I said BFT he looked at us :frown: and said the shrimpers were 120 mile out good luck.
Well we went to BIG Southern and stoped at a rig caught limit on snappers ,1 african pompano, 1 barracuda released and 2 kings. After 45 minutes at the rig we proceeded to the big southern and ran into a shrimper who by the way was only 30 miles out, He was sorting out the fishes he did not want, And traded him 1-12 pack of coke and a 12 pack of sprite for 30 pounds of shrimp I wish I had some cocktail sauce those shrimp looked so good, Well we moored to his boat and was in 200 feet of water and no luck not one tuna to be found, So we went to 3 more shrimp boats in the area and still no luck, rolled up and went to the big southern.
We got to the big southern and fished there all day. There were schools of dorado we caught 15 of then in waves of schools and we caught 1 wahoo, 2 tunny's, 3 kings , 1-4' hammerhead shark. so it was about 2:00 p.m and it was time to head in we stoped again at the rig and caught some undersize grouper released them and caught some mangrove snappers to end the day.
sorry no pics of the action on the boat " I forgot the camera in the truck:redface: "
We loaded the boat a 4pm and waited for the ferry for 45 minutes and washed the boat and then finally left port A at 5:45. We got home at 10 p.m. We were so tired did not remove the fish from the cooler and just had my friends hold up some fish. Again thanks to formula4fish and everyone else for the port A help. Nelson

·
Registered
29 Posts
15 dorado's :dance: wow thats a nice day much less all the other fish that you guy's caught, you guys must be really dedicated to go on a 4 hour drive and then go 35 mile to fish, Better luck next time on the tuna. Don't take this the wrong way, but it is nice to see fellow asian's that follow the regulations on fish size, Some but not all asian's have given us a bad reputation for keeping undersize fish.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's for the replys,

Flounder, your right I have been Bass fishing for a while and I've never keep one in my five years of bass fishing b/c to me they are a sport fish, And it really ticks me off when I see a fellow asian try to keep undersize fish regardless it's fresh or salt , I try to tell them and if they don't understand then they will understand the game warden when I call operation game theft, Not that I am a snitch but that fish could be the one my son catches next time and so on. I just wish there was a faster way for us asians to improve our reputation as good sportsmans, But I guess we will just have to educate our fellow asians one at a time.

Nelson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts