2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Most Non Funny
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was a slow day, I went out w/ a co-worker on his boat which was an older 25" Tiara Pursuit, Really nice boat except for no T-Top, and it was brutal w/ no shade.

But we found a shrimper about 8 miles from Big Southern that let us tie up and fish for a while, we didnt have much luck there, but the Capt was from Lousiana and was really nice, gave us free shrimp, and when I asked him if he wanted some beer he replied "Do you drink on your job?" First time ive ever heard of a Shrimp Boat captain that operated with high standards. I was also shocked at the low number of juvie snapper in his nets, I even asked him about it and said that if he finds snapper in his nets, it means bad news b/c there is structure he wouldnt want to loose his nets too.

He gave us a bucket of chum (which stunk so bad it made me chum) but unfortunately we couldnt find any fish behind him.

There were also two guys in a brand new Grady White 27" center console with a boat load of stella's that helped us quite a bit during the day since our sounder wasnt working, they went as far as to put us directly in a perfect drift spot to hook up with some descent fish.

It was also my birthday and my wife's first time out over blue water, I couldnt have asked for a better day even since the fishing was slow she told me she cant wait to go out again, and never once did she complain about anything, I couldnt be happier.

I just want to say thanks again to the guys in the brand new Grady White, you had a great boat and were some of the best guys ive ever met on the water.

-Patrick

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Patrick ~

Good to know good guys drive Grady Whites.

But the part about the shrimpboat captain and beer .... you're dissin' us aren't you? Heh heh ;)

Anyway, I been meaning to talk to you about going offshore in a 25" boat .... :)

Happy birthday!

Bobby

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I know it's a little late...but...just read this post....but...Happy Birthday anyway. Glad to hear you got out and fished with your wife....sounds like you had a good day out there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts