2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally got the boat back in the water, & went fishing w/2 coolers Chris, Derek, Dereks uncle Sam, & CaptJordan. It was a great early morning run, & broke the jetties by 0700. At first we were going to run to a-19 reef, but a ominous thunderstorm was blocking the way, (man I sure like that xm weather). So decided to head a little east, & made our headway to the Fogg. Of course we had to hit a few weedlines on the way, where we picked up some chicks, bar jacks & Derek enticed a large Tripletail to accept his offering. After that, we kept heading out in flat seas, & bopped around to the shrimpers. Tried trolling around them first, but nothing, so rear ended 1, where the crew on the shrimper (Vietnemese) were all excited about 2 bruisers circling the boat. Lo & behold, a pair of real nice Ling on the cruise. At first, they wouldn't take anything, until Chris got 1 to inhale 1 of the bar jacks. It was a big boy, that topped out at 48#'s. Couldn't get the other 1 to bite, so headed on. Trolled some & hooked up a couple of Kings, as well as lost a couple. Hit another shrimper & the crew wanted big hooks. We traded some hooks & offloaded some stale 2 year old Bud, for 25#'s of Shrimp. Moved on to another boat, & lucky Chris, got a nice Mahi boated. Finally made it to the Fogg, & we eventually limited out on some real nice Snaps, a bunch of beeliners, another King, & Derek almost caught the state record Lane snap. We also boxed a bunch of smaller ones. It was the best snapper fishing I've ever had, & I couldn't believe it was on the Fogg. One must remember tho, I'm more of a troller, not a true bottom guy. I have to tell the 2cool world, about CaptJordan's great day. Besides, hooking the reef 3 times, (once we used it to anchor the boat), not landing any huge fish by any means, & getting his finger stuck in the reel while a King was off to the races... (pretty much my fault). That's not all, after we docked & he was helping me clean up the boat, he was washing out my small bait box, over the gunnell. I didn't see it, but we all heard it was a perfect jacknife into the drink, to retrieve the bait box, before it sunk in the mud. It was also, the first slip next to the fish cleaning station at GCM. Here's the good part...he didn't think at the time, that his x-mas present to his girlfriend, was in his shirt pocket, along w/his truck keys. I don't think she'll be taking any digital pics w/that $600 camera any time soon, but at least he salvaged his keys, & my BAITBOX. A greenie goes out to him for effort. Many thks. to my crew for a great day of fishing, the new props performed great, the t-top is still intact, & fresh fish,... even for CaptJordan! Aloha for now!

Attachments

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,276 Posts
MahiSeeker,

Sounds like a fun day with a fun crew. Thanks for the good report and pics.

Yall done good!

Hog

PS: The fog complex is always better on the weekdays like today

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you again Wade for an awesome day of fishing, and I'd rather be lucky than good anyday. Seriously, it was a pleasure to fish with ya'll and I appreciate you putting me on the best Mahi for me yet.

·
Geeps
1,489 Posts
Great report...Nice mess of fish you got there too. Thanks for keeping us want2Bs wishing we could go fishing.

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Good bunch of fish...for a troller...lol Nice report and pics. Maybe we should start a "CaptJordan relief fund"? Poor fella...

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
2 per person federal , 4 per person in state. Lane and vermilions fall under your federal aggregate reef fish limit (20 fish per day, not to include more than 10 vermilion snapper).
Doublepar said:
What is the limit on snapper? Is two per person in federal waters and 3 per person in state waters?

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Heckuva haul! What did you catch those shrimp on? Did they fight pretty well?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Great post and pictures Wade. I really enjoyed the read and excitement of your trip. (Blow by blow)

Glad to hear the top and props worked as planned. Keep up the good fishing / catching.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Great report and a fine catch. I see a yummy little Triple Tail hanging on that board too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sweet report Wade,
I almost feel like I was there.........my body was anyway, my brain was somewhere else when I jumped in the pool. I had a great time once again, thanks so much for having my aboard your boat again, I had a blast. It was a pleasure to meet you Chris, Derek, and Uncle Sam too!!!!!! All great guys. Can't wait to do it again, that boat is as nice on the water as it looks. Thanks again for the Shrimp Dinner, that place was nice (who could forget that hot girls ***!!! I'm still thinking about that....... :)
cheers,
Jordan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts